Communications Officer job to start ASAP Central London - £110 to £138 Per Day - Until March 2020
Your new company
Central government organisation based in Central London.
Your new role
The Communications Officer will report to the Communications Manager and work closely with colleagues across the organisation. The post holder will play an important role in implementing the new communications and stakeholder engagement strategy, helping to ensure it supports the delivery of the strategic objectives. The post holder will have a range of responsibilities across the communications mix including digital communications, internal communications, media relations and stakeholder engagement.
- Work with the Communications Manager to support delivery of the communications and stakeholder engagement strategy and annual plan
- Take an active role in developing, coordinating and monitoring the digital communications to engage with key stakeholder groups, including website content, producing the e-newsletter, planning content for the Ombudsman's social media channels and keeping them up-to-date.
- Coordinate and create content for internal communications channels including the intranet, colleague newsletter and a range of events to inform and engage colleagues across the organisation
- Help to manage and coordinate external-facing media activity including press releases, media briefings, articles for publication, responding to media enquiries and formulating lines for particular issues
- Co-ordinate the stakeholder engagement plan and ensure that it supports delivery of the strategic objectives
- Produce high quality, accessible communications material across multiple channels to reach different audiences, and edit content that has been produced by other colleagues.
- Ensure that all communications adhere to the corporate identity and style guide, and advise colleagues on appropriate use
- Create and implement communications plans for individual projects and campaigns, in line with the overall communications strategy
- Work with the Communications Manager to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of communications activities on a regular basis
What you'll need to succeed
The Successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the below:
- Broad knowledge and understanding of communications activities
- Excellent writing/editing skills with the ability to communicate technical or complex information in a clear, engaging way
- Confident using web content management systems, newsletter software and social media management tools
- Experience of dealing with the media
- Good understanding of social media channels and experience of developing multimedia content
- Experience of internal communications and colleague engagement
- Understanding of stakeholder engagement planning and engagement
- Experience of developing and implementing communications plans to support projects
- Ability to tailor communication messages and style to suit the channel and audience
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with colleagues and external agencies
- Ability to handle competing priorities and plan work effectively to meet tight deadlines
- Experience of using WordPress and SharePoint
- Experience of working in the Public Sector or Housing
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary and the opportunity to work with a prestigious organisation
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.