Content Editor circa £55K - 24 months FTC Interviews will be held week commencing the 31st of August. Interviews and and onboarding will be remote with a view to starting ASAP - subject to compliance checks.
The Money and Pensions Service vision is everyone making the most of their money and pensions. This new organisation brings together the free services delivered by the Money Advice Service, The Pensions Advisory Service and Pension Wise. We are an Arm's Length Body, sponsored by the Department for Work and Pensions, with a joint commitment to ensuring that people have access to the information and guidance they need to make effective financial decisions over their lifetime.
Pensions dashboards will enable people to access key information about all of their UK pensions, private and State, in one place online, revolutionising how people engage with their pensions throughout their lives. Enabling the delivery of pensions dashboards will require up to 52m adults in the UK to be connected with up to around 43,000 pension providers and schemes to search for their pensions.
Development work by industry has already taken place, as a concept. The goal is now to turn it into a delivery solution for the benefit of UK citizens. MaPS has created a Pensions Dashboards Programme (PDP) which will be responsible for delivering the digital architecture and governance framework that will allow multiple parties to be connected as part of the pensions dashboards ecosystem. This hugely significant development has the potential to improve the financial wellbeing of millions of people.
Purpose of the role
- You will be responsible for developing, delivering and managing content for the PDP's newly established digital channels which include our website, email newsletter and Twitter and LinkedIn.
- As Content Editor you will proactively seek opportunities to develop the pensions dashboards narrative through the production of engaging and accessible digital content.
- The successful candidate should be a skilled writer, with an eye for detail and an understanding of the special requirements of web writing.
- You will primarily research, plan, write and edit multi-format content for pensionsdashboardsprogramme.org.uk.
- You will also be comfortable producing and editing long-form documents that will be published on our website.
- Work with internal SME's to draft and develop accessible, well-structured content
- Proofread, re-structure and edit content produced by SME's
- Prepare well-structured drafts for publication across digital platforms
- Oversee and make recommendations regarding layout (images, graphics, videos and artwork) and most suitable format for publication of content
- Collaborate with suppliers and other internal teams (e.g. designers, video/animation producers) to produce creative content
- Conduct keyword research and use SEO guidelines to optimise content
- Manage the editorial calendar in line with the communications plan and ensure timely publication
- Ensure content is up-to-date
- Comply with copyright and privacy regulations
- Monitor website's traffic to measure effectiveness of content
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate all the below: -
- Proven work experience as a Content Editor, Web Editor or similar role
- Portfolio of published work
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English with demonstrable experience in creating content for lay and expert audiences
- Attention to detail
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Up to date knowledge of best practise and trends in web content development/publishing
- Familiarity with SEO and keyword research
- Comprehensive project management skills and the ability to deliver projects within inter-departmental teams
- Ability to work in fast-paced environments with a strong customer focus
- An understanding of the pensions and or/financial services sector and relevant landscape.
- BSc in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or related field
- Good understanding of the public sector and central government
- Exposure to significant change and transformation projects.
- Good understanding of large-scale digital projects.
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Motivated, positive, determined, resilient, confident and resourceful in the face of challenges and ambiguity.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to network, build relationships and influence colleagues and stakeholders.
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a collaborative and inclusive team, motivating staff, peers and stakeholders through periods of change.
- Passion for innovative technology and how it can be used to deliver value, both social and financial.
- Able to display high level of emotional and cultural intelligence, diplomacy and organisational awareness
- Highly developed critical thinking, interpretative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
If this role is of interest, please do apply ASAP with an up to date word version of your CV highlighting all your relevant experience by Midday on Tuesday the 25th of August Midnight. Please do feel free to contact myself for further information.