Creditor Alliances Manager
Your new company
Launched in January 2019, the Money and Pensions Service (MaPS) brings together the free services delivered by the Money Advice Service, The Pensions Advisory Service and Pension Wise.
We are an Arms-Length organisation, sponsored by the Department for Work and Pensions, with a joint commitment to ensuring that people have access and guidance to the information they need to make effective financial decisions over their lifetime. The organisation also engages with HM Treasury, which is responsible for policy on financial capability and debt advice. Working hand-in-hand with stakeholders throughout the UK, the Money and Pensions Service will ensure that money and pensions guidance is available to those that need it, adapting to people's changing needs throughout their lives.
Your new role
Your role as Creditor Alliances Manager will see you lead on creating and maintaining strategic alliances with the debt collection industry. The role would be allocated a portfolio of creditor sectors which may include financial services, utilities, housing and the public sector.
Key objectives will include embedding MaPS policy positions on supportive debt collection practices and creating new creditor referral partnerships for the Money Adviser Network and also to lead on coordinating the on-boarding process for new creditor referral partners.
The role would be home based as there is a requirement to regularly visit creditors and public sector organisations based in all regions of England as a result you will need a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Some key accountabilities of the role include:
- Understanding prospective creditor partner objectives, key debt strategies and leaders so that we are in a credible position to collaborate on specific initiatives and influence broader creditor funding for the debt advice sector.
- To elevate and strengthen senior working relations with creditors, their regulators and industry bodies
- To build senior level networks between MaPS and senior figures in the debt collection industry
- Producing high quality leads for embedding MaPS partnership offerings within creditor debt collection processes
- To be the face of MaPS for senior creditor policy stakeholders for matters relating to debt management
- Working with internal colleagues and resources to execute marketing-related strategies and initiatives to generate quality leads to embed MaPS partnership offerings for creditors
- Providing MaPS' leadership team with progress and results of marketing initiatives and strategies
- Maintaining a technical knowledge of MaPs initiatives from a creditors perspective to inform project requirements for future phases or refinements
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful on application, it is expected that you will possess the following skills/experience:
- Proven Strategic Alliances or Business Development experience
- Expertise in creditor debt collection, litigation and arrears processes
- Strong presentation and verbal communication skills
- Project management skills
- Outstanding written communication, including the ability to produced structure reports and briefings to strict deadlines
- Strong event management knowledge and experience
Due to the remote-working element of this role, you will require access to a vehicle and a driving license.
What you'll get in return
In return you will be placed into a permanent position paying circa £60,000 per annum.
We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds, and are committed to having a team representative of the diverse characteristics and experiences of the population we're working with to ensure they make the most of their money and pensions now, and in future generations.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.