Creditor Relationship Manager -Fixed Term Contract or external secondment opportunity. 12 Months -Circa £60,000 -can be based anywhere in England.
Launched in January 2019, the Money and Pensions Service (MaPS) brings together the free services delivered by the Money Advice Service, The Pensions Advisory Service and Pension Wise. We are an Arms-Length organisation, sponsored by the Department for Work and Pensions, with a joint commitment to ensuring that people have access and guidance to the information they need to make effective financial decisions over their lifetime.
The organisation will also engage with HM Treasury, which is responsible for policy on financial capability and debt advice. Working together with stakeholders throughout the UK, the Money and Pensions Service will ensure that money and pensions guidance is available to those that need it, adapting to people's changing needs throughout their lives. The role would be home based as there is a requirement to regularly visit creditors and public sector organisations based in all English regions, as a result you will need a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Your role as Creditor Relationship Manager will see you lead on managing strategic level relationships with live creditor referral partners for the Money Adviser Network (MAN). The role is home based as there is a requirement to regularly visit referral partners based in all England's regions. To lead on some elements of the on-boarding process for new creditor referral partners. To support Maps' strategy and influencing of the UK debt recovery sector. Creditor types include financial services, utilities, local authorities, central government, and housing providers. This post supports the MaPS policy objective of influencing more consistent creditor support for the overindebted.
Key objectives will include:
- To be the face of MAPs for senior stakeholders at live creditor referral partners
- Knowing creditor partner objectives, key debt strategies and leaders so that we are in a credible position to collaborate on specific initiatives and solutions that will enable the creditor to refer more customers to the MAN
- Working with creditor key stakeholders to execute marketing-related strategies, initiatives to generate more customer referrals to the MAN
- Providing MaPS leadership team and MAN project team with progress and results of MAN marketing initiatives and strategies
- Working collaboratively to ensure a two-way communication flow exists between creditors and the MAN operations team
- Maintaining a technical knowledge of the MAN from a creditors perspective to inform project requirements for future phases or refinements of the MAN
- To support the recruitment of new creditors to refer into the MAN, including drafting and agreeing Memorandums of Understanding for pilot participation / referrals
- Supporting creditor training and guidance to creditor collections agents
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful on application, it is expected that you will possess the following skills/experience:
- Proven Account Management or Client Relationship experience
- Expertise in creditor debt collection, litigation and arrears processes
- A full UK driving licence as frequent travel to creditor premises and industry events is required
- Strong presentation and verbal communication skills
- Project management skills
- Outstanding written communication, including the ability to produced structure reports and briefings to strict deadlines
- Strong event management knowledge and experience
- Strong coordination skills, and ability to ensure best results with available resource
- A proven ability to prioritise workload
- Advanced IT and MS Office (particularly PowerPoint) Skills
- Due to the remote-working element of this role, you will require access to a vehicle and a driving license.
A 12 month fixed term contract or secondment opportunity paying circa £ 60,000 per annum. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds, and are committed to having a team representative of the diverse characteristics and experiences of the population we're working to ensure make the most of their money and pensions now, and in future generations.