Data Analyst, Strategy Data, Economist, Economic Data, Analyst, Research Analyst
Your new company
An independent regulator responsible for regulating auditors, accountants and actuaries in the UK and Ireland.
Your new role
There is an exciting opportunity to join the Economics, Strategy and Analytics team to grow the use of data analysis, improve its application, and build understanding across the organisation in how data can inform strategy development and delivery.
The role involves:
- conducting regular and ad-hoc data analysis, reporting and recommendations to drive strategy and enhanced regulatory scrutiny
- leveraging primary and secondary source data using data analytical software to develop and manage internal databases; optimising analytical tools to increase efficiency within the data team
- developing new reporting and increasing data streams, working with system suppliers and internal stakeholders to improve the quantity, whilst maintaining quality, and performance measures for various business areas
- supporting the Data Analyst Team Leader in developing the data strategy for ARGA and in continuously developing and improving the market intelligence function to meet the evolving needs of the organisation and the new regulator
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful on application, it is expected that you will possess the following skills/experience:
- Advanced MS Excel skills and strong technical knowledge of and experience with SQL, Python and/or R. Working knowledge of reporting tools such as PowerBI
- Technical expertise regarding data models and database design development
- Excellent relationship management skills and experience working with 'client teams' to understand their needs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including report writing
- Good organisational and project management skills, including collaborative team working
- Willingness to mentor and build the technical capability of more junior staff
What you'll get in return
In return, you will be placed into a permanent role paying £49,288 per annum.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Joshua McMahon on 0333 010 5302 (local rate).
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.