You will provide inspirational leadership and bring strong matrix management expertise to help transform our communications and engagement model, supporting the organisation to meet its goals as set out in our five-year strategy to 2022
The post holder will be responsible for:Providing robust, clear and strategic communications and stakeholder engagement advice and challenge to senior managers and leaders, including the organisation's Chief Executive, Chair and other members of the Board.
- Leading the development of stakeholder engagement program among system partners, involving the enhancement of senior-level strategic stakeholder relationships in external bodies,and in particular overseeing the provision of high-quality and systematic support to the Chair and CEO in their peer-level relationships across the wider healthcare and legal services systems.
- Being a highly trusted, credible and visible leader of the organisation's communications and stakeholder engagement function, both internally and externally - working with senior leaders to help direct and provide professional assurance regarding the development, delivery and impact of the organisation's communications and engagement plans and activities.
- Establishing a new stakeholder relationship function on behalf of the organisation.
- Leading and developing a high-performing communications and engagement operation of approx. 18 FTEs in delivering high-quality, accurate, creative communications and stakeholder engagement solutions and approaches, across an integrated range of channels and disciplines - media relations, corporate publications, campaigns, events, digital and social media, and internal communications, plus strategic stakeholder engagement.
- Working closely with the Director of Membership and Stakeholder Engagement to ensure that day-to-day activities and commitments best meet the longer-term interests of the organisation and its sponsoring government department, the Department of Health and Social Care, and our indemnity scheme members.
- Developing work plans, systems, processes and infrastructure, and associated deliverables and creative approaches, using credible sources of customer, member and stakeholder insight, and presenting these work plans in line with agreed resources and priorities.
- Acting as a strong role model to foster a culture of learning, delivery and collaboration, both within the MSE directorate and between the directorate and all other parts of the organisation, demonstrating exceptional levels of customer focus and quality assurance; supporting the integration of our external affairs work, ensuring that opportunities to engage or inform are maximised across the organisation
- Overseeing the development of creative and innovative internal engagement plans that seeks to raise awareness of key programs of work that will enable the implementation of our strategy and business plans, and drive culture change and improvement internally across dispersed office sites and home workers.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate all the below: -
- Masters degree or equivalent demonstrable experience of working in a senior level role
- Specialist in-depth knowledge and expertise in strategic and operational communications and stakeholder engagement
- Programme and/or project management qualification - e.g. MSP, PRINCE 2 or equivalent
- Proficient IT skills and ability to use Microsoft Office packages (ie Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Ability to lead and influence managers and stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate staff, including in cross-matrix working environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, allied with creative and operational skills to support exceptional stakeholder engagement
- Able to analyse and interpret complex information, financial data and statistics to assess issues, identify trends, anticipate issues and generate solutions
- Able to plan and prioritise work in the context of a fast-paced and changing environment to meet deadlines
- Able to plan for and manage change, in particular through creative and engaging internal communications campaigns across dispersed office locations and home workers
- Able to build and work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams at all levels
- Proficient at influencing and engaging senior management, including NEDs
- Worked across organisational boundaries, delivering communications and engagement initiatives as part of or leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Delivering robust business management systems and processes, including quality assurance and impact measurement
- Leading change and/or project management
- Developing and managing governance arrangements for oversight of communications and engagement
- Producing management information and analysis for development and implementation of communications and engagement
- Experience of budget management
- Extensive knowledge and experience of central government communications and engagement, plus thorough understanding and working knowledge of stakeholder engagement, internally and externally
If this role is of interest, please do apply ASAP with an up to date word version of your CV highlighting all your relevant experience as looking to submit on Monday the 30th of March or call me on 07514539772