The Funding engagement coordinator will report to our engagement lead to ensure that engagement activities to support the consultation are planned and managed in a professional and effective manner. Amongst other activities, engagement will involve a series of 'roadshow' meetings in a range of venues across the country to help build understanding of the proposal for making improved funding recommendations and support interested parties in providing useful information in their consultation responses.
The vacancy holder will also help support the analysis of consultation responses from stakeholders. The role will support the planning, organisation and delivery of these events and the identification and organisation of further engagement activities.
Duties will include:
- Planning and monitoring the progress in delivering engagement activities through February and March 2020 around the new model for making funding recommendations;
- Identifying and liaising with venues to ensure they meet the Institute's needs and value for money requirements;
- Identifying and managing invitations and attendee information;
- Managing the logistics of events, including travel and refreshments;
- Answering questions and correspondence from interested parties about the new funding model and engagement activity;
- Drafting and supporting the production of written engagement information, both via email and for publication;
- Managing the clearance of content for events through Institute senior colleagues;
- Working with others in the Funding Improvement Team and data scientists to help ensure stakeholder views from the consultation are captured.
- Inputting into the work of the wider Funding Improvement Team to support the development of the new model for funding recommendations;
- Other adhoc tasks as required by the team.
- You will need to work closely with senior officials and be confident in identifying and delivering key messages to colleagues at all levels - both individually and in groups.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills - you will need to quickly establish effective working relationships with and deliver through a wide range of people, including internal colleagues, senior and external stakeholders.
- Experience of planning and managing professional business events within strict budgets.
- Good understanding of audience segmentation and tailoring communications. The range of communications the job holder will need to lead on will require a good understanding of how different media can be used to promote engagement.
- Ability to learn and understand new work areas quickly and reflect that learning in the development of engagement products (both written and verbal).
- Good organisational and project management skills are essential for this role - there is a need to deliver quality work and thrive under pressure.
- The ability to be adaptable to a variety of different and sometimes conflicting priorities. Managing time and expectations in an appropriate manner to meet requirements and deadlines.
- Good drafting - the ability to write and speak in a structured, succinct and ordered manner.
- An understanding of the education landscape.
- Ability to gather and consider evidence on complex areas and use this to help inform work.
If this role is of interest, please do apply ASAP with an up to date word version of your CV highlighting all your relevant experience.