Setting professional standards for quality management in the UK and globally.
Your new organisation
A not-for-profit organisation increasing the practice of quality management in all sectors. They are experts in improving product, project and service quality.
Your new role
Working as part of the small and dynamic Finance Team, the Finance Officer will be responsible the day-to-day operation of Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger and Payroll. This role will work closely with the Finance Assistant and Management Accountant to provide an efficient transaction processing service for the business.
- Process Purchase Invoices in the Finance System, ensuring that invoices are coded in line with the financial data
- Process staff and volunteer expenses: ensure smooth operation of the CQI's online expense management system and that expenses are paid in line with the CQI's expenses policies.
- Prepare BACS payment runs including supplier payments, refunds, expenses and foreign payments.
- Prepare monthly purchase ledger balance sheet reconciliations.
- Complete the weekly Aged Debtor Reconciliation and monthly automation file checks to ensure alignment between the Finance System and the Membership database, posting corrections to resolve any discrepancies.
- Review and process monthly Direct Debit collections.
- Review and process bad debt write offs.
- Prepare and process payroll, working with our out-sourced providers and colleagues in HR.
- Prepare and post month end accruals journals.
- Prepare and post any other month end journals as instructed by the Management Accountant.
- Prepare any balance sheet reconciliations as instructed by the Management Accountant.
What you'll need to succeed
- Part-qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA (or equivalent) accountant (or working towards an accountancy qualification) with strong all-round finance capabilities.
- Confident working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Outlook and Excel).
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.