Finance Officer, Permanent, Temporarily Remote, £28000 - £32000
Your new company
A charity, with the aim to improve the care and welfare of those affected by a neglected disease. This charity works to increase investment in research and raise public and political awareness to focus on radical improvements in diagnosis, treatment and support to build a future where lives are not limited.
Your new role
- Process income from diverse range of income platforms.
- Ensure daily banking sheet is updated
- Maintaining reconciliation of funds received
- Liaise with data team to resolve variances found
- Produce monthly reconciliations
- Approve sales invoice requests
- Manage and maintain the sales ledger and posting sales income
- Manage finance income mailbox
- Monthly gift aid sample testing
- Download bank statements daily
- Support with other finance duties as required
What you'll need to succeed
- Experienced in data processing, preparation and posting of income journals
- Experienced in sales ledger and general ledger accounting
- Understanding of VAT rules and treatment
- Proficient in MS Officer (Word and Outlook)
- Proficient in Excel particularly SUMIF, VLOOKUP and Pivot tables.
- Experience of using accounting packages and donor database systems to extract complex data and provide analysis.
- Educated to a graduate level or studying toward accounting qualifications (ACCA/CIMA/AAT)
- Knowledge of Access Dimensions, Raisers Edge and Charity VAT rules
What you'll get in return
You will be working with an award winning charity that will support you to develop your skills and expertise. This role is temporarily remote and offers a competitive benefits package including generous leave entitlements, and enhanced contributory pension scheme, a Health Cash Plan, life insurance and group income protection as well as free advice and support.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.