Your new company:
A large not for profit organisation based in Central London. The organisation have a group structure with several entities within the group. The Finance Operations department is a shared services function working across the group to provide a comprehensive, cost-effective finance service to each organisation, and helping to co-ordinate joint projects where appropriate. Finance Operations incorporates transaction processing, financial and management accounting, SAP systems support, payroll and procurement.
The finance team operate from a shared service centre and they have recently identified the need to improve some of their systems and processes which has created the need for the role of Operations and Change Manager.
Your new role:
The Finance Operations and Change Manager is a critical role working across the Finance Operations team to develop and enhance processes, driving efficient working practices and improving service quality. The role is responsible for designing and implementing improved processes within an appropriate control framework, setting appropriate service delivery standards for each team and developing tools to monitor performance and drive continuous improvement. The Finance Operations and Change Manager will lead a range of improvement projects across the Finance Operations team to drive efficient working practices and improve service quality. This is a large organisation with multiple projects planned including new systems implementations.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Qualified Accountant
- Strong process design skills
- Strong influencing and persuasive skills
- Considerable experience in leading and delivering successful change, improving processes and ways of working within a team and with other teams
- Good understanding of best practice financial processing techniques and up-to-date with relevant technology solutions
- Experience of project management using a recognised project management methodology
- Experience of end-to-end business process mapping, able to produce clear and accurate documentation to underpin process redesign activities
What you'll get in return:
This is an opportunity to work with a large organisation and also to make critical changes to the organisation. The organisation offers good work life balance and a competitive package of benefits.