Financial Accountant required to focus on longer term cash flow forecasting and tax within a large charity.
Your new company:
A large charity based in Central London with a focus on providing care and support for those in the community that are in need. The organisation has been through a recent change programme and a number of jobs have become available following a restructure. It is an exciting time for the organisation with a new direction in place and exciting plans for the future. This is a complex charity with a large finance team.
Your new role:
The Financial Accountant, Treasury and Tax is a new position and is responsible for the provision of Treasury and Tax services across the organisation. The span of responsibilities includes VAT, Corporation Tax, Gift Aid, cash-flow forecasting as well as investment reporting and accounting, ensuring the services provided are sophisticated, current and proactive.
You will seek to maximise the Charity's cash assets and investments with 3 year cash flow forecasting and the creation and implementation of strategic investment strategies, providing and maintaining short, medium and long term investment models to support the best use of the Charity's cash reserves.
Other duties will include:
- Provide advice and guidance on all aspects of VAT, liaising across the department as required e.g. supporting Finance Property team on property VAT issues and providing support on VAT treatment on contracts and grants.
- Produce the group VAT return in a timely and accurate manner every quarter and ensure the correct VAT and tax accounting is carried out across all legal entitles and charities.
- Manage the relationship with HMRC and be the regular contact for the tax authorities, preparing the annual corporation tax returns and associated calculations as well as managing the VAT and gift aid reporting and submissions.
- Management of three staff
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of longer term cash flow forecasting
- Extensive knowledge of taxation legislation especially in relation to VAT and application and management of Gift Aid
- Strong stakeholder management, able to influence stakeholders at all levels
- Previous line management experience
What you'll get in return:
This is a large organisation with opportunity for career development. The organisation offers excellent work life balance with a 35 hour working week and 25 days holiday. They also offer a competitive pension scheme - employer will pay twice your rate of pension contributions up to 6% (employer contribution 12%).
What you need to do now
Please apply ASAP to be considered!