Financial Accountant working with a government organisation - 18 month FTC. Flex and hybrid options available.
Your new company
A non departmental body and regulator. Sponsored by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
Your new role:
This role is initially being offered as an 18 month fixed term contract however it is very likely to become permanent.
The Financial Accountant will report into the Financial Controller and be largely responsible for ensuring that the monthly management account and statutory Financial Statements are prepared on time and in line with company operating procedures. The role holder will support the Financial Controller in managing the day-to-day finance operations and a small finance team, who are responsible for the payables, receivable and nominal ledgers. The right person will also keep track of the team KPIs and provide ad-hoc support the Finance Director.
- To co-manage the finance team, ensuring it maintains the highest standards of accounting, financial control and management.
- Co-ordination and review of the month-end reporting procedures and reconciliations
- Support the FPA team in the review of annual budgets and rolling forecasts
- Ensuring a Trial Balance reconciliation are completed following detailed review of nominal transactions
- Regular monthly reporting with sponsor department (BEIS)
What you'll need to succeed
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience around IFRS accounting.
- You will be a qualified Accountant
- Experience around FREM is desirable however not essential.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available - they are focussed on the outcome of work done rather than process of getting there.
The organisation work on a hybrid basis between the office and home.
The organisation has regular pay reviews with staff and a pay review is currently underway of all salaries meaning a short term pay rise could be in store.
The organisation values work life balance - not working beyond contracted hours.
They offer a competitive pension of 10% employer contribution.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.