Head of Internal Communications to start ASAP -Central London £566 per day PAYE including holiday pay for six Months
The Head of Internal Communications will play a vital role in uniting all those working for the Sponsor Body and Delivery Authority organisations, to achieve the strategic and business objectives of the Restoration and Renewal Programme. The post holder will act as a senior member of the External Relations team and provide day to day support to the Delivery Authority Chief Executive and Programme directors.
The successful candidate must have experience of working in a similar internal communications role and be comfortable with operating in a start-up style work environment. They will bring a wealth of knowledge of, and be able to apply, the principles of effective communications; including ensuring decisions are informed by sound research and audience insight and delivering high standards of evaluation.
- Developing and implementing a proactive internal communications strategy which tells a compelling and consistent story about the Restoration and Renewal Programme to all colleagues; existing people and new joiners.
- Introducing and organising a variety of communications channels: inductions, townhalls, regular Q&As, senior leader sessions, conferences and other events. Adopting a campaigning style of internal communications.
- Embedding best practice 2-way channels, such as Sharepoint, Office 365, Workplace by Facebook or Yammer.
- Lead the planning and provision of content for events and workshops as required, ensuring effective internal crisis management systems are in place.
- Building strong, positive and collaborative senior relationships across the organisation, and leading a team of internal communication business partners.
- Maintaining effective research, measurement and evaluation mechanisms to provide assurance on all internal communications activity.
- Managing team resourcing and budgets and planning for on-going training and development needs across the team.
- Line management of an Internal Communications and Media Manager and matrix management of three Internal Communications Business Partner posts for the Delivery organisation.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the below
- A relevant Degree or similar qualifications
- Senior experience in internal communications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages and internal communications channels such as Yammer.
- Experience of working in a highly complex environment going through significant organisational change
- Proven experience of strong leadership in a senior role in an internal/ corporate communications function, with a track record of collaboration and experience across functional boundaries.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication, and presentation, skills including the ability to interpret and present complex programme delivery information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences
- Track record in developing and delivery of effective internal communication strategies, campaigns based on research and insight, with outcomes evidenced by robust evaluation methods.
- Experience of developing crisis management plans work calmly and flexibly under pressure and managing competing priorities and changing deadlines.
- Experience of working in a complex, politically nuanced organisation and managing multiple stakeholder relationships. Effective at building trusted relationships, negotiating and influencing at executive and board level.
- Experience of inspiring and motivating a workforce using a variety of channel and content strategies, including mixing face-to-face with the latest digital 2-way channels and framing an outstanding "employee offer" to attract talent to an organisation
- A record of providing leadership, setting objectives, developing and motivating teams to deliver results in a high-pressure environment.
If this role is of interest, please do apply ASAP with a up to date word version of your CV highlighting all your relevant experience. Closing date is 10am on Thursday the 16th of January.