Programme delivery, head of programmes, programme manager, change delivery, charity, NGO, strategy, PRINCE
Your new company
An international organisation dedicated to building a better world through higher education.
International collaboration is central to this ambition: by bringing universities together from around the world - and crucially the people who study and work within them - the organisation helps to advance knowledge, promote understanding, broaden minds, and improve lives.
This organisation champions higher education as a cornerstone of stronger societies, supporting its members, partners, and stakeholders as they adapt to a changing world.
Your new role
The Head of Programme Delivery will be responsible for leading the operational delivery across all the projects within the team, driving quality and compliance and enabling the organisation to work with its members and partners to build a better world through higher education.
1. Develop a three-year programme business plan, aligned with the Organisations strategic priorities, with agreed priorities, metrics and KPIs, using agreed business tools such as Theory of Change, log frames and problem statements
2. Responsible for the operational performance of the programme delivery team including contract compliance, financial management, delivery models, continuous improvement and team performance
3. Lead the monitoring, evaluation and learning from programme activity to ensure alignment with our priorities and to support continuous team performance
4. Ensure all project activity meets internal and external compliance including financial, safeguarding and client requirements
5. Build the professional capacity and skills of the programme delivery team in key areas of contract development, programme delivery and partnerships
6. Ensure all programmes and activities are aligned with our priorities and work in partnership with the Head of New Business on new opportunities
7. Represent the organisation at agreed meetings and build an extended network of relevant relationships to support the organisations strategic objectives
8. Leadership and management of the Programme Delivery, ensuring the team is high performing and works collaboratively with other areas of the organisation
What you'll need to succeed
1. Educated to degree level
2. Strong track record of programme management and delivery in an international context
3. Extensive experience of business planning including pipeline development, metrics, financial forecasting and KPIs
4. Significant contract management experience, including bid development, compliance, monitoring and evaluation, Theory of Change, problem statement, commercials and log frames
5. Knowledge and experience of Higher Education, international development and the Commonwealth, with a track record of working with international agencies
6. Strong leadership skills, including strategic thinking, effective team management, inclusive leadership and collaborative working across teams
7. Proven financial skills, with knowledge and experience of commercial contract management, budget development, financial monitoring and reporting
8. Track record of effective external relationship management including presentation to clients/ partners, networking, international working and conferences
9. Significant project management experience at a senior level, desirably PRINCE trained, with the ability to instil a project management culture within a team
What you'll get in return
- Flexible working options available.
- Competitive Salary
- 31 days holiday
- 35 hours per week
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.