GDPR, CALDICOTT PRINCIPLES, PRINCE 2, INFORMATION SECURITY, INFORMATION GOVERNANCE, MHRA, CLINICAL RESEARCH
Your new company
The Barts Cancer Institute (BCI) is a Cancer Research UK Centre of Excellence whose work aims to transform the lives of those with and at risk of cancer through innovative research in the laboratory.
Your new role
- Provide specialist advice and guidance to all levels of staff on IG issues.
- To undertake information risk assessments and provide advice and guidance to managers investigating any IG risks and incidents such as breaches of confidentiality. The post holder will be required to lead and report on any incidents relating to IG risks, including where appropriate, reporting to the ICO.
- Lead on the development and implementation of IG related policies and procedures required for the BCI & CCP based on national legislation and guidelines. Support managers to embed these policies into everyday practice.
- To ensure that all new developments undertaken within the organisation are compliant with all the relevant IG legislation and national guidance.
- To develop and implement appropriate audits on key elements of IG such as information security and confidentiality, data flow mapping, and corporate records audits.
- Design and deliver effective training for all levels of staff and patient/staff information material
What you'll need to succeed
- Specialist knowledge of Information Governance, legislation and related national guidance including the Data Protection Act, GDPR, Caldicott principles (including Caldicott 2 recommendations), common law duty of confidentiality, the Human Rights Act, records management, information security and information sharing.
- Demonstrate knowledge of MHRA regulations
- Demonstrate good knowledge of clinical research
- In depth understanding of the application of Information Governance in a healthcare/research environment.
- Ability to manage complex corporate, clinical and operational situations that involve staff from all levels within an organisation and across a range of professional boundaries
- Able to work effectively in a team, supporting others and challenging colleagues' views and attitudes when necessary.
- Specialist qualification in GDPR
- ISEB Certificate in Data Protection
- ISEB Information Security
What you'll get in return
- Excellent Salary £44,650 & Benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.