International Trade, Inward Investment Manager, Sustainability & Urban Innovation
Your new company
A social enterprise Business Growth and Destination Agency that promotes London as a business hub.
Your new role
The role is to deliver sustainable and inclusive growth for London from Urban sector FDI (foreign direct investment) clients. To work closely with our international teams to help identify, nurture and persuade (new and existing) FDI clients to choose London for their international expansions and deliver GVA (contestable and non-contestable FDI projects). To connect our FDI clients to help them grow in a resilient, sustainable and inclusive way in London. Supporting the sector work and where relevant contributing to project work on sub-sectors.
Some key accountabilities of the role include:
- To provide expert advice and support to international clients looking to invest in London and help make this happen as seamlessly and quickly as possible.
- To deliver an FDI service that is aligned with the L&P mission to generate economic growth that is resilient, sustainable and inclusive.
- To manage an Urban sector inward investment pipeline through to completion (and on occasions "non-core" sector projects) and deliver FDI wins for London to achieve output targets, contributing Gross Value Add (including accelerated GVA) to the overall Business Growth target.
- To work closely with the international teams, to help nurture, develop and then successfully convert inward investment projects into wins.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful on application it is expected that you will possess the following skills/experience:
- Education: degree level or equivalent professional experience.
- Eagerness to learn, develop and deliver in an international or global business environment.
- Experience using the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Knowledge of CRMs would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of a foreign language would be an advantage - NOT ESSENTIAL.
- Understanding of the Urban sector and the sub-sectors within them would be an advantage - notably cleantech, proptech and smart mobility.
What you'll get in return
In return you will be placed into a permanent role and will be paid £42,840 per annum.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.