Professional Standards Officer job | Tax qualified / tax experience |up to £40,000 | Home based
Your new company
Leading UK membership body in the UK for taxation professionals are seeking a permanent Professional Standard Officer. The registered charity and regulator body, supports 17,000 members and 4,000 students throughout their tax careers, providing assistance through our London-based head office and worldwide network of 40 branches.
As Professional Standard Officer you will work collaboratively with the relevant governance and professional standards teams and committees, and the wider organisation, to ensure that the professional and compliance standards are up to date, fit for purpose, conform to statutory requirements where relevant and are adhered to by members.
Your new role
Reporting into the Head of Professional Standards, as Professional Standard Officer you will work collaboratively with the relevant governance and professional standards teams and committees, and the wider organisation, to ensure that the professional and compliance standards are up to date, fit for purpose, conform to statutory requirements where relevant and are adhered to by members.
Typical duties will include:
- Assisting with Professional Standards policy and guidance work
- Preparing statistics and papers for meetings
- Assisting with CPD audit and PII checks
- Assisting with updating website material
- Research for consultation responses
- Participating in Anti Money Laundering (AML) visits and in due course carrying out visits
- Assisting with writing reports e.g. HM Treasury AML report
- Assisting with clearing cases of non-compliance arising from the Annual return and AML return
- Answering member queries about professional standards and AML matters
- Setting up and attending working party meetings
For candidate who are more experienced and skilled, there is scope to be given responsibility for rather then assisting with, specific areas of Professional Standards and AML work, or for the successful individual to develop and gain that responsibility over time.
What you'll need to succeed
- Practical experience of working in tax and ideally a relevant professional qualification
- Basic understanding of Anti Money Laundering
- Strong communication (written and oral) skills
- Capable of and comfortable with speaking to members to answer their queries, follow up non-compliance etc
- Self-motivated, able to work on own initiative as well as a team member
- Flexible mindset and willing to learn new skills
- Conscientious and thorough approach to work Friendly and approachable manner
What you'll get in return
This is a permanent position paying £30,000 to £35,000 per annum depending on experience, with a generous benefits and 22 days holiday per year excluding bank holiday. The role is for 35 hours a week and will be home based, with occasional travel required to their London offices, which will be covered by expenses. The holiday is 22 days per year plus bank holidays and a generous benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.