Programme, health, stroke, leadership, data, organisational, manager, project, management
Your new company
Working with a world class research university on a major new project. The programme manager is central to the growth and sustainability of the audit and will be the driving force in recruiting and maintaining participation for the core and organisational aspects of the audit. The role will require a confident individual who is able to negotiate with key national stakeholders, collecting data and ensuring buy-in from busy clinicians at a time when they are facing clinical and financial pressures.
Your new role
- Develop and implement project plans across the integrated workstreams project manage the planning, execution and accomplishment of contract deliverables within the constraints of cost, time, scope, and quality
- Ensure that clear milestones and deliverables are set for each stage of the programme of work across disparate elements
- Maintain an overview of the programme milestones within each element and ensure the balance between data collection and reporting at local/national is appropriate
- Manage the risk to programme deliverables within timescale
- Develop and oversee the strategy for the suite of organisational audits, ensuring maximum participation, timely analysis and reporting with an appropriate dissemination strategy
- Oversee the delivery of the organisational components and any additional new work undertaken via bidding processes including the implementation of complex recruitment strategies and webtool development, ensuring these aspects of the programme run to time, budget and quality
- Take responsibility for external stakeholder meetings, planning the medium and long term strategy and quality improvement.
- monitor the finances to ensure cost effective use of any additional resources to enable smooth running of the programme at times of high demand of resources
- manage the information governance and financial and project risks. Proactively identify and oversee the submission of appropriate permissions including Section 251 exemption and Data sharing agreements in collaboration with intelligence manager and stroke programme manager.
- have a high level of understanding of the strategic context of and ensure that an appropriate level is provided for all public outputs at international, national level and team level
- act as a validity check for individual reports and ensure that national, regional and team reports are synchronised
- publicise reports and ensure that there is an awareness at all levels including participants, stakeholders using the data, press and public
- oversee the design, concept and implementation of public reports with frequency determined by the needs of the project
- continuously seek new and innovative methods of data visualisation to maximise the impact of reports and ensure they are accessible to a wide range of audiences including clinicians, CCGs, patients and the public.
- ensure liaison with the Programme's Associate Directors and Programme Manager overseeing the programme on all aspects of setting the strategic objectives and their implementation
- support the Stroke Programme Manager in developing tender documentation as required.
- promote the programme through organisation of events and workshops across the country
- recruit and support staff via line management of Senior Operations Officer and implement recruitment strategies. Provide day-to-day supervision and support as required, and monthly 1:1s to monitor progress with both programme and personal objectives of all co-ordinators
- ensure staff have performance review /appraisal meetings as per the guidance and timeframes, identifying and supporting any learning and development needs as required
What you'll need to succeed
- Computer / word processing skills including Microsoft Packages
- Strong interpersonal skills in one to one and group settings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to deal with people from a wide range of backgrounds
- Proven experience in complex project management
- Working within in a fast paced, multi stakeholder environment
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
- Flexible approach to work
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent grasp of detail and presentation skills appropriate to wide range of audiences
- Experience of developing and motivating highly performing people
- Demonstrable experience of working in a team
- Educated to masters degree level
- Project Management qualification desirable
- Statistical expertise and experience, particularly with large datasets
- Experience of data collection and maintaining high-quality databases
- Experience of developing research and/or audits
- Reviewing data for NHS organisations for quality improvement
- Evidence based healthcare theory and practice
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary including London Weighting £46,292 - £54,534
- 12 month fixed term contract
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.