Project Accountant (Part-Qualified) 1-year FTC Project Accountant Job paying £40000.
Your new company
Your new company are striving to transform the way the world resolves violent conflict, so people work together to build peaceful and inclusive societies. It is an international organisation committed to stopping violent conflict and creating more peaceful societies.
Your new role
He/she works alongside the Finance Business Partner to support the delivery of timely finance donor reports, provide structured finance technical support and assist with generating monthly management reports.
* To provide business partnering and support to teams, including providing technical finance assistance and taking part monthly meetings.
* Assist in the investigation of Budget versus Actual variances as highlighted by budget holders or teams.
* Create project and donor codes on the accounting system for new projects/donors
* Working with the Finance Business Partner, deliver accurate and timely comparative management reports to the teams
* Support the Financial Accountant and Finance Business Partner in attending promptly to all queries during project and statutory audits.
What you'll need to succeed
* Part Qualified Accountant and/or substantive working experience in NGO finance
* Experience of working as part of a busy accounting function.
* Good communication skills
* Determined and assertive and proactive; prepared to get into the detail to understand the problem and help find solutions
* Experience of Finance Business Partnering
* Experience of working in a grant funded environment
* Extensive experience of project accounting and donor reporting
* Proficiency in the use of Excel and major accounting packages
What you'll get in return
In return, you will be receiving a great competitive salary of £40K. You will have an opportunity to work in a small team within a successful not-for-profit organisation, upholding a good work-life balance. Plus a 9% contributory pension scheme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.