Senior Communications Manager -Content & Channels -Central London £65,000-£70,000 PR 6 months FTC.
Interviews will be held on the 14th of August remotely with a view to starting ASAP-subject to compliance checks.
"With millions of people worried about the impact of Covid-19 on their finances, MaPS is the forefront of the UK's response. This is an opportunity to join the MaPS Corporate Affairs team as they're making financial wellbeing part of the national conversation, working with partners to help customers access money and pensions guidance and debt advice when they need it."
Purpose of the role
- To design, develop and execute effective B2B and B2C media strategies and campaigns in support of our over-arching communications strategy and business priorities, enhancing our reputation amongst key external audiences.
- Setting and evaluating any communications activity against robust KPIs, with a particular focus on core MaPS audiences including vulnerable consumers
- To oversee the development of targeted content (written, video, imagery, etc) and channels for B2B audiences
- Supporting the Director of Corporate Affairs in the development and delivery of the corporate communications strategy, including ensuring it reflects the organisation's commitments to equality, diversity and inclusion in how it defines and engages its audiences.
- Leading on the development and execution of the strategy and communications programme in support of MaPS corporate plan priorities, providing senior level strategic advice, guidance and support to internal stakeholders and ensuring the delivery of effective media and B2B communications campaigns and digital engagement
- Developing and implementing an integrated media relations and PR strategy and plan against the business objectives. Leading the delivery of the organisation's media relations activities, including:
- Developing and maintaining strong media relationships across consumer, corporate and trade journalists
- Advising the senior leadership team and colleagues on media handling strategy
- Working closely with the Chief Executive and Directors to advise on media strategy, liaise on day-to-day media issues, and to prepare them for media interviews
- Promoting the organisation's corporate achievements in the media. Raising awareness of the Service and disseminating its advice through consumer PR
- Working closely with colleagues in the Partnerships team to ensure effective regional media engagement and a cohort of confident and engaging spokespeople in the nations and English regions
- Managing third party contracts including media agencies
- Overseeing the development and cascade of B2B content and channels, including B2B social media strategy and engagement, and MaPS corporate digital channels
- Developing and embedding effective evaluation of communications activities, setting clear and measurable KPIs for all communications activities, including understanding consumer outcomes with a focus on MaPS priority audience segments and vulnerable consumers
- Management and development of the Communications (Content & Channels) team of four heads
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate all the below: -
- Experience of developing and delivering communications strategies and plans in support of defined business priorities, working effectively with internal stakeholders and senior-level SMEs to manage potentially conflicting priorities and deadlines, with limited resources
- Experience of managing change and ensuring effective communications
- Strong media relations and PR strategy development capabilities learned through leading multiple and complex consumer and corporate campaigns; experience of leading the delivery of media and PR strategies
- Experience of designing and delivering digital engagement strategies (especially B2B) and using them to reach a variety of audiences
- Experience in communications activity with policymakers and civil servants
- Experience of working in the Public Sector, ALB, Regulator or for a consumer issue-based organisation -public policy is a bonus but not essential
- Expertise in developing and delivering successful corporate engagement strategies and plans and managing corporate reputation
- Strong networking and presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Comprehensive project management skills and the ability to deliver projects within inter-departmental teams
- Expertise in managing PR agencies
- Resilient, ability to handle external scrutiny and internal challenge, and ability to work in fast-paced environments
- Experience of leading and developing an effective team
- Strong Stakeholder Engagement skills
- Expertise in managing budget and demonstrating effective ROI
If this role is of interest, please do apply ASAP with an up to date word version of your CV highlighting all your relevant experience by the 9th of August Midnight. Please do feel free to contact myself for further information.