Service Desk Support Technician- London
Your new company
My client is a large charity who are looking for a Service Desk Support Technician to join their team & to be the first point of contact via the Service Desk or phone for all ICT enquiries. You will provide customer focused 1st & 2nd line support as part of a team aiming to resolve issues at first point of contact or escalate to 3rd Line.
Your new role
You will be responsible to log and reply to incoming requests from the service desk within an agreed timeframe & provide ICT technical support and advice to all staff of the organisation. To undertake systems administration of Windows desktops, laptops, MAC's, Applications and Windows Active Directory Management. You will diagnose and resolve software and hardware problems on desktops, laptops, MAC's and networks. Network troubleshooting and fault finding. You will assist in maintaining IT security including patching and anti-virus, also carry out routine ICT administrative tasks including Backups, Spam Checking. You will create and maintain ICT documentation/ user guides for distribution to staff. To carry out hardware relocations and re-configuration (e.g. PC's and Telephony).
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of working in ICT departments with working knowledge of ITIL
- Experience of working in a customer focused role
- Experience of PC, MAC and Server troubleshooting
- Experience of installing and supporting Office 2010, Win10 & Office365
- Experience of Exchange 2010
- Understanding of TCP/IP, VLAN, VPN, Routing, DHCP, DNS
- Understanding of AD configuration and design.
- Understanding of Citrix XenApp
- Good time management and prioritisation skills
- Working knowledge of Laptop and Desktop hardware
- Working knowledge of Networking and VOIP technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users
What you'll get in return
£170-£200 Per Day (OUTSIDE IR35) & the option to go perm.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.