Trusts, fundraising, foundations, manager, charity, children charity, partnerships
Your new company
A leading children's charity providing support and protecting children and young people facing a wide range of issues, from drug misuse to disability, from sexual abuse to domestic violence. Helping hundreds of thousands of children, young people, parents and carers across the UK.
Your new role
- Take the lead in developing and fostering relationships with both new and assigned Major Trusts in order to provide a customer focused approach with appropriate and timely feedback on grant expenditure.
- Integrate approaches with fellow Relationship Managers and to share information appropriately for the achievement of agreed income budgets and business objectives.
- Research, identify and package aspects of Barnardo's work with children that are suitable for fundraising applications and to match them with the most appropriate grant-making trusts.
- Work collaboratively with Children's Services to research, identify and develop funding opportunities that contribute to Barnardo's strategic objectives.
- Research and identify Major Trust fundraising opportunities, and work collaboratively with Children's Services senior managers to devise proposals in line with their revenue and development needs.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of Major trust accounts, securing income in excess of £400K per year.
- Write and present applications to Major Trusts who have the ability to give £10K and above, and where possible secure multi-year funding.
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree level education or demonstrable experience of working in a fundraising, sales or marketing environment
- Proven previous experience of securing significant income from Trusts and Foundations, or other relevant grant funders.
- A proven track record of establishing relationships with, and managing, Major Trusts.
- Experience of producing compelling cases for support on issues of social policy.
- Able to craft written proposals to a high standard
- Able to present complex information clearly and concisely
- Able to deliver effective presentations to a small group
- Able to demonstrate sufficient understanding of finances in order to present financial information
- Flexibility in working hours and location, as per contract of employment.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
Salary £34,500 to £36,500 inc London Weighting
Work from home 1 day per week.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.