Registered Manager | 12-bed Nursing Home | Harrow | £30-35k + bonus | Family-feel home with great retention
Your new company
This is a 12-bed Nursing Home based in Harrow which prides themselves on providing quality care in a safe and homely environment. This is run as a family business, with great staff retention rates and job satisfaction. The home is currently fully-occupied and has support from the owners. They are looking for a Registered Manager to take over the running of the home, relieving the owner of some responsibilities and continuing the great standard of care they have developed.
Your new role
The purpose of this role is the manage the day-to-day delivery of the service at the Nursing Home in order to ensure compliance. You will have supervisory responsibilities for registered nurses and care/support assistants and will be expected to provide leadership and promote a caring environment for the service users. You will need to maintain the relationships with all professionals and commissioners of the service and ensure policies and procedures are adhered to. You will also be in charge of looking at financial viability of the home.
The principle responsibilities of this position include:
- Day to day Running - act as person in-charge, tours for new service users, assess trial visits, assess personal care needs,undertake service user dependency review assessments, admissions, investigate complaints, liaise with the CQC...
- Care of Service Users - setting high standards, ensure all aspects of care needs are met, support service users in making their own decisions, developing care plans, promoting social activities, safeguarding, maintaining accurate records, menus, ensuring health & safety and more...
- Staff Matters - recruitment, appointment and deployment of nursing, care, catering, domestic and ancillary staff, effective inductions, motivation, good communication, rota-planning, maintaining staffing levels, in-house training, managing performance and more...
- Premises - advise on any maintenance issues, ensure fire regulations are adhered to, conduct "walk-arounds" to assess premises
- Finance - budgets, day-to-day expenditure, hours worked for payroll, handling service users money where it is not possible themselves
- Marketing & PR - enhance reputation of the home, positive public image, good relationships with charities, local community groups, general public, represent the home at local meetings if necessary, engage in marketing activities
This role is 9-5pm Monday to Friday, but some evening and weekend work may be required. There is also an element of on-call for this role if agency nursing cover can not be provided.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be considered you will need to have a NVQ Level 5 in Health & Social Care (or equivalent) and have experience in a senior management capacity. You will also need to have qualified as a Registered Nurse at some point in your career. My client is especially looking for someone with a clear communication style, attention to detail, a proactive manner and someone who is innovative and will be able to develop their own ideas and strategy.
What you'll get in return
In return you will be receiving a salary of £30-35k as well as an additional bonus for personal performance. You will get a warm and welcoming environment to work in, where staff retention and job satisfaction is high and there is excellent support from the owners. Other benefits such as annual leave, pension etc can also be discussed at interview.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.