Advertisement for Minister of Religion (Female)
Purpose of the Post
The Minister of Religion will motivate and engage worshipers, donors, staff and volunteers. The role also includes performing religious duties such as leading prayers (female), prayers during Ramadan and all duties associated with Sunni Muslim Female Minister of Religion on the path of Sufism. (Sarwariya Qadriya Silsila).
- To engage and educate worshippers (female) in daily prayers and practices of Sunni Sufi Muslims of the Sarwariya Qadriya Silsila.
- To participate in developing the Trust's strategies to ensure that they comply with religious requirements.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the various Islamic Schools of Thought and the skills to apply this knowledge in teaching and guiding members of our community in particular in relation to marriages and deaths.
- To participate in fundraising activities like in events highlighting the religious values in specific giving particularly Zakat, Sadaqah etc.
- To work collaboratively with all internal teams, departments and donors and external agencies.
- To participate in the community activities (Female) that further good interfaith and public relations.
- To ensure the consistent application of the Trust's standards and policies as they apply to the conduct of this role.
- Any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post.
- QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING:
- Educated to degree level in Islamic Studies or Ijazah in an Islamic Science from a reputable Islamic Institute. Essential
- Experience of working with mosques, Islamic institutions, community groups etc. (with no break) Preferable
- Experience of building relationships with religious leaders Essential
c. Experience of giving religious and spiritual guidance combined with offering pastoral care in regards to the issues faced by the Muslim community (Female). Essential
d. Teaching experience and the ability to teach Qur’anic studies, Tajweed, Tafseer, Hadith and Seerah. Preferable
e. Experience of working for an NGO Desirable
f. Ability to interact with the youth and understand challenges faced by them Desirable
3. SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
a. Strong understanding of the Hanafi school of thought and the skills to apply this knowledge in teaching and guiding members of the community and also demonstrate a good understanding of the various Islamic Schools of Thought. Essential
b. Good interpersonal, communication and judgement skills; ability to build relationships and work with individuals from diverse backgrounds Essential
c. Extensive knowledge of Islamic Law particularly with regards to charitable giving Essential
d. Written or verbal communication in Urdu (plus additional languages such as Bengali, Arabic, Punjabi, Mirpuri desirable) IT literate with knowledge of Microsoft applications, and ability to learn to use new programmes. Desirable
e. Positive approach to problem solving; Essential
f. Some knowledge of how NGOs operate. Desirable
a. Must be proficient in Sufi meditation practices according to Sarwariya Qadriya silsila. Essential
b. Ability to work on own initiative Essential
c. Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and adapt to change.
a. Commitment to equality of opportunity and diversity.
The Applicant require to work either at our Head Office or any other branch in other cities as required.