We are committed to improving the social impact of our services, by reducing social isolation and loneliness among our service users, enabling them to attend events or participate in activities as well as access essential services. We also provide minibus hire for not-for-profit organisations, such as charities and community groups.
Monday to Friday (37 hours)
7.5 hours per day(7 on Fridays) between 08:00 – 18:00
(1 hour unpaid break)
We are open to flexible working and job share applications
Assisting passengers on and off vehicles safely, including securing wheelchairs, scooters and other mobility aids. The planning of a route between each delivery/collection to meet the pre-determined delivery times allocated.
Contacting BCTConnect staff if there are any delays, incidents or timing/scheduling issues at the earliest possible opportunity.
Ensuring that the vehicle is clean (externally and internally), fuelled, the seating configuration is fit for purpose. Complete the relevant vehicle safety, mechanical and equipment checks prior to the vehicle leaving the depot.
To undertake any other jobs consistent with Community Transport or redirection of services. To undertake any other driving duties (passenger or non-passenger) within the allocated shift pattern as and when required.
The Driver is responsible for:
- Driving a range of standard and fully accessible minibuses on behalf of registered user groups according to specified scheduled bookings as directed by a member of BCTConnect.
- The vehicle and the safety and security of passengers at all times.
- Cleaning and maintaining the cleanliness of the vehicle whilst in their charge.
- Assisting passengers on/off the vehicle and operating the vehicle’s passenger lift safely, according to instructions delivered in the Minibus Driver Awareness Scheme (MiDAS) training and our approved risk assessments.
- Reporting issues of vehicle damage, hazards and risks or cleanliness concerns
- Following all of the policies and procedures
- Adhering to the Highway Code and being personally responsible for any traffic and parking violations whilst in charge of the vehicle.
- Maintaining the positive image of BCTConnect with clients.
- Any other driving duties consistent with post as requested by a manager or acting manager
Experience and Qualifications
- Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals including adults with health conditions e.g. hearing loss, dementia
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining a courteous, polite and professional manner
- Have held UK manual car licence (preferably no points) for a minimum of 2 years and have significant driving experience
- D1 licence (Minibus entitlement)
- Experience of planning routes
- Ability to work alone
- Must pass an enhanced Criminal Record Bureau check (formerly known as CRB now known as DBS)
- Be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device/Apps
- Numerate and literate
- Physically able to carry bags/shopping on behalf of the passengers who are not able and potentially assist a passenger unsteady on their feet.
- Experience of multi drop work
- Understanding of issues affecting older people and people with limited mobility or a disability
- Geographical knowledge of Bristol
- Experience of working with older, vulnerable and disabled people
Personal Qualities Required
- Reliable, courteous & patient
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Ability to work under pressure
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.