Malaria Consortium is recruiting for a Head of Business Development to join our team in London.
The position holder will lead the organisation’s business development activities. S/he will work closely with headquarters, regional and country teams to ensure that high quality competitive proposals are submitted in response to solicited and unsolicited opportunities from public and private donors. S/he will manage a business development (BD) team comprising three full time employees and one intern.
The successful candidate will have:
- Master’s in Public Health, Development Studies, Development Economics or similar field, or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive experience in business development, with some experience at senior management level with responsibility for a team of direct reports.
- Familiar with fundraising strategies, preparing and implementing them.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience in generating income from statutory and institutional donors such as DFID, USAID.
- Experience in international development particularly health/humanitarian programming or health systems strengthening.
- Excellent communication skills, including strong technical/scientific writing skills
- Strong experience of managing, motivating and leading people
- Ability to build strong working relationships and foster open communications
- Proven ability to negotiate effectively with donors and partners
- Solid organisational skills: the ability to work productively and accurately under pressure in a fast-paced, demanding environment
To be considered for this position you need to have the Right to Work in UK.
To view the full job description and to apply for the role, please visit our website.
The client is happy to conduct telephone interviews for overseas candidates.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.