Job DescriptionHarris Hill is working with a youth organization based in London, to recruit a Head of Communications to provide a strategic and creative lead for effective communications. This is a leadership role which covers the key areas of corporate communications, media, public affairs broader social media and marketing.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Development with the Director of Engagement of the communications strategy to support the organisation s aims and leading on its successful implementation.
- Ensuring key messages are in place for the charity and ensuring these are communicated consistently across all activity
- Building profile of the organisation and Chief Executive through publications, events, blogs, social media, speeches, media activity and other proactive communications
- Managing the brand and developing corporate identity through publications, social media and the website
- Identifying relevant media channels and journalists and building relationships to enable proactive and reactive coverage in London, local and national media
- Developing and leading an engagement strategy for London policymakers and other relevant national policymakers
- Creating opportunities to amplify our messages through integrated activity to maximise impact across all channels and opportunities
- Drawing up annual plans and budgets
- Recruiting and inducting staff for your team as necessary
- Understanding and supporting the vision, mission and aims of the charity
- A strategic thinker able to see the bigger picture and context, and shape tactical opportunities and plans to deliver
- Creativity and adept at identifying and maximising opportunities
- Outstanding written, verbal and proof reading skills a strong ability to articulate messages clearly and concisely to engage people at all levels
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills, interested in people and able to engage diverse audiences
- Good organisation, time management and ability to focus on a specific task (as well as multi-tasking)
- Excellent project management skills
- High level of competency in and experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Ability to grasp and pr cis large amounts of information accurately and quickly
You will be joining a fantastic, dynamic, committed and high achieving group of staff. For more details on how to apply, please get in touch [email protected] ahead of the closing date of Friday 1st December.