One of the top ranked and most respected universities in the world, Oxford University is seeking a talented fundraising professional to raise funds in support of their Humanities Division. Oxford is a world-leader in Humanities scholarship, recognised internationally for the outstanding quality and depth of its teaching and research.
The Head of Development – Humanities will work closely with a range of senior academics and administrators to identify the Humanities Division’s priorities for philanthropic support, and to develop strategies for successful fundraising.
- Devising and implementing effective fundraising strategies to support divisional objectives.
- Managing a portfolio of circa 100 major gift prospects, typically with 6-7 figure gift capacity.
- Providing bespoke stewardship programmes for existing donors
- Management of the Humanities Development team.
- A proven track record in major gift fundraising.
- An interest in higher education and in particular an understanding of Oxford University, its mission and its need for external funding.
- Excellent social skills and cultural understanding, and a very high level of literary and communication skills, both oral and written.
- The ability to develop and maintain donor interest in the Humanities and the University as a whole
- Evidence of being able to lead and motivate others also involved in fundraising.