Own the organisation’s people strategy to help change children’s lives for the better.
World Vision is the world’s largest international children’s charity. Every day we bring real hope to millions of children in the world’s hardest places as a sign of God’s unconditional love. At World Vision, our aim is simple – to keep every child free from fear. We are also proud to be voted one of the Top 100 ‘Best Not-For-Profit Organisations to Work For 2015’.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an outstanding HR professional to own and enhance World Vision UK’s people strategy as well as having the opportunity to build and maintain the organisational well-being of World Vision UK and its staff. We are looking for a senior influencer who can improve our overall organisational effectiveness, providing leadership, management & coaching of the HR team to support them in delivering effective people and change management initiatives.
As a Chartered Member of the CIPD and a passionate ambassador of HR and People Strategy, your key responsibilities will encompass:
• HR services and expertise – lead and develop HR staff to promote vivacity and assurance of resources and strategic priorities
• Business Partnering – to the CEO and periodically offer business partner support to other key client groups
• Development of Policies & Procedures – enable flexible working practices and ensure we continue to meet the standards of a People in Aid charity
• Talent Management and Learning & Development – enhance the existing talent management strategy to attract, retain and promote talent through continual investment in skills enhancement
• Performance Management – oversee performance, process and practice and guide managers by offering support and advice on performance-related issues
• Staff Relations – manage staff consultations and work with the Chair of the Staff Consultative Committee by ensuring support is offered for work//life balance and well-being issues.
As a member of the World Vision UK Leadership Team, we will expect you to have the confidence, knowledge and credibility to participate in, and contribute to, strategic and operational management decisions. As an active and committed Christian, this role will give you the opportunity to integrate your faith and be sensitive to its various expressions across cultures and denominations.
Ideally, possessing a post-graduate qualification in a relevant discipline (Human Resources Management, for example), you will readily champion ongoing professional development. With significant experience of leading HR functions in complex organisations, we will be looking for a proven record of results in the areas of change, talent and performance as well as evidence of empowering line managers in high quality people management skills.
A working knowledge of UK employment law and best practice will be a key asset for the role. If you have experience gained in a range of sectors, along with some international exposure, this would be desirable, though not a prerequisite.
This is a key position within World Vision UK. It’s also a role where you will have plenty of autonomy for the benefit of the organisation and our ongoing mission to keep every child free from fear.
In addition to the salary offered, you can expect a range of benefits including pension, health cover, subsidised gym membership, generous holiday entitlement and free parking.
If you are convinced you can offer the essential qualities required to perform this amazing role, we welcome your application. Ideally we would like the appointed candidate to be available from January 2016.
Please go to our website in order to view the Job Description, complete our short online application form and upload your CV.
Closing date for applications: 6th December 2015
Interview date: 14th December 2015
Please note that if response for this role is higher than anticipated, we reserve the right to commence interviews and appoint before the published closing date.
World Vision UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer and this role requires the post holder to have a Christian faith as an occupational requirement.
As a child focused organisation, World Vision UK is committed to the safeguarding of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
No agencies please