Closed on 12 January 2017
Closed: 12 January 2017
Head of Innovation
Job DescriptionAn amazing opportunity within a charity that focuses on training and supporting new teachers to work in primary and secondary schools serving low-income communities across the UK.
The Head of Innovation is accountable for driving innovation, and identifying opportunities to diversity and grow our income to enable this charity to double its voluntary income within the next five years. This role is key to enabling us to diversify the charity’s income.
The post holder will create a hub of innovation, incubating new ideas from inception to pilot before transitioning them into business as usual disciplines. In addition to innovation, the post will also ensure excellence in fundraising and oversee the effective operations of all systems and processes. This is a great opportunity to transform the fundraising model, build a culture of innovation and equip the charity with a long-term sustainable income model.
You will be reporting directly to the Director of Development and will be responsible for managing an income and expenditure budget.
Your responsibilities will be:
• To develop and deliver a sector-leading innovation strategy focused on unlocking new income. This could range from Social Investment to Regular Giving campaigns, utilising charity-wide collaboration.
• To network and engage with supporters and other key stakeholders to maximise income opportunities.
• To develop clear and compelling, insight-led business cases for new fundraising techniques and offers.
• Design and deliver sponsorship strategy for charity-wide activity.
• Design and deliver Pro Bono & In Kind strategy to make significant cost reductions for the charity.
• To champion and ensure best practice monitoring and evaluation of fundraising, including monitoring of KPIs and ensuring thorough evaluations and recommendations are made across our portfolio.
• Influencing internal budget holders by co-designing effective funding strategies and propositions across the charity build from sound insights and research.
• To line manage and develop employees within the Innovation and Improvement Team.
You will need to be strong at:
• Improving and Innovating: Proven experience of developing commercial ideas from inception to pilot, preferably within a fundraising context
• Process Management: Proven experience of improving operational processes and systems
• Delivering Results: A proven strategic thinker, with the ability to develop strategy and ensure its effective implementation. Experience of formulating, overseeing and reporting on operational plans including KPIs
• People Management and Development: Experience providing strategic and operational direction for a team, setting it up for longer-term success.