Founded by Heather and David Stevens in 2007, The Waterloo Foundation (TWF) is a highly reputable, independent grant-making Foundation, based in Cardiff. A registered charity, TWF distributes grants to organisations in both the UK and world-wide. Its remit is to assist projects that help globally, particularly in the areas of the disparity of opportunities and wealth and the unsustainable use of the world’s natural resources. Its mission is to help both the global community and the local community in Wales and it awards annual grants of over £7m for charitable purposes. As it celebrates its 10th year, TWF is seeking a Head of Operations to manage the day-to-day operations of the charity.
- Reporting to the Chair, Heather Stevens CBE, you will be accountable for TWF’s financial and operational management. You will enable TWF to achieve its objectives, and monitor and provide financial reports and management information on TWF’s performance, and to assist the Trustees in making effective decisions;
- Providing secretariat support to the Trustees, you will assist their work in pursuing TWF’s strategic direction - upholding its remit, ethos and values - and act as a highly trusted and effective conduit between Trustees and staff on operational matters;
- As TWF’s most senior executive, you will lead on the organisational-wide management of workflows and provide managerial support to the organisation’s 9 employees. You will offer guidance to staff in the effective planning of their workload and related activities, and ensure relevant and compliant policies are in place, together with robust systems, to support staff with their work.
- You will possess good accounting skills and a strong track-record of sound financial and operational management, and will ideally have delivered remits that encompass HR and other corporate functional areas;
- You will be an experienced project and people manager with exceptionally strong communication skills. Diplomatic, emotionally intelligent and measured in your approach, you will commit to a collaborative and transparent management approach to help TWF further its objectives;
- Ideally, you will be familiar with charitable environments and the complexities of fund and project management, and possess a genuine passion and interest in the work of TWF.
To arrange an informal discussion, please contact Siân Goodson, MD or Sam Smith, Consultant at Goodson Thomas. To apply, please click on the application details button for further information. All applications will be acknowledged.
Deadline for applications: 3rd March 2017
Final Interviews: 23rd March 2017
The client is happy to conduct telephone interviews for overseas candidates.