Citizens Advice Milton Keynes is a local charity that helps people to resolve their legal, money and personal problems. We have been providing free, confidential, and impartial advice since 1972 and helped over 8000 local people last year.
We are looking for a Head of Service to join our organisation and to lead and manage our day to day operations. They will work with our staff and volunteers to ensure efficient and effective delivery of a reliable, high quality, multi-channel advice service that is free to all people living and working in Milton Keynes.
This important role would suit an approachable, experienced and flexible individual who can make decisions but also can deal tactfully and sensitively with others, manage a demanding workload and be a good team player. You will be an energetic and committed individual with an eye for detail and an assertive but fair approach. Dynamic, motivated, able to empower and develop colleagues under your management, you will also be highly skilled at keeping track of a broad portfolio of projects, services and partnerships.
Applicants will need to demonstrate
- Good communications skills, both written and verbal. These are essential in the role, as are excellent customer service skills with a non-judgemental approach.
- Competence with major IT packages such as Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Confidence in working to performance targets, and using data to report on KPI’s/targets achieved.
- Examples of implementation, evaluation and successful delivery of a range of contracts and projects
- An understanding of the budgets of projects and contracts under the responsibility of this role
A background in advice giving is desirable but not essential.
The successful Applicant/s will be asked to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
For full details of this position, please click on the Apply button for contact details.
Closing date: Friday 26th April 2019 at Midday
Interviews: w/c Monday 13th May 2019