Are you an experienced B2B development professional? Do you have business development experience? Are you able to generate new leads and negotiate corporate partnerships and affiliations? If so, please get in touch as we would love to hear from you! Head2Head Sensory Theatre is seeking volunteers to form part of a project team leading on the purchase and refurbishment of a Sensory Theatre / Community Drop-In Centre for children and young adults with special needs’ and disabilities, their families and carers.
About Head2Head Sensory Theatre:
Our charity is dedicated to the Special Needs’ Community. We are passionate about making theatre accessible to all and understand that families who have a child with a disability face many barriers. We raise awareness, share knowledge and develop new ways to make this happen. We include opportunities for self-development and learning by offering work experience to students transitioning from education.
We provide immersive and interactive multi-sensory shows for special schools and the local community throughout London and the South East reaching over 3000 children with disabilities and over 2000 family members / carers each year. Our activities provide layers of entertainment, both verbal and sensory, so that users, their neurotypical siblings and other family members, are fully engaged.
We are now entering a new and exciting phase and chapter of Head2Head Sensory Theatre by preparing to open a first-of-its-kind community drop-in centre and theatre base. We are securing an ideal site which is in central location with excellent road and rail connections. It presently houses two halls, several classrooms, separate outhouses, detached house, tennis courts and ample parking. All we now need is lots of help to refurbish the building into a welcoming theatre and centre and get the word out to the community to be ready for lots of sensory and theatre fun as soon as possible!
What will you be doing?
You will play your part in helping us establish and maintain a first-of-its-kind centre which will leave a lasting legacy on the Leatherhead and Surrey community. You will use your existing skills and experience to generate new high-end private and corporate social responsibility links and partnerships to our charity to help raise funds and our public profile. You will bring your skills, attributes, expert knowledge, experience and contacts to enrich our project and benefit our charity.
This role will be responsible for managing key relationships with existing and potential corporate members, across various networks. You will liaise with senior professionals keen to engage with the charity and their members. You will ensure that members receive exceptional customer service, maximise income generation from a variety of activities, and support the creation of a viable pipeline for new income streams. This role is a mix of account management and new business, but at its core it is about building relationships. You will work with the marketing team to produce attractive and effective publicity materials in line with the Charity's brand and house style.
Duties for this role include:
- Developing more long-term sustainable support and relationships with the wider community including the growth of our portfolio of events, new support groups, support from small to medium enterprises (SMEs) and the development of key fundraising products and activities
- Supporting the mission, ethos and values of H2H
- Carrying out other associated duties as they arise in line with the broad remit of the position
- Sharing knowledge, specialist expertise and best practice with the wider team, as well as other staff across the organisation as needed
- Representing and being an ambassador for H2H
- Being flexible and carrying out other associated duties as they may arise
- Abiding by organisational policies, codes of conduct and practices
- Treating with confidentiality any personal, private or sensitive information about individual organisations and or clients or staff and H2H data
What are we looking for?
We wish to recruit volunteers who are passionate about our charity’s work. We are seeking individuals who are able to help us with our expansion project and beyond with their expertise and skills in business development. Ideal candidates will have can-do attitudes, very strong networking skills enabling leads for the benefit of the charity, as well as expert business knowledge and development experience necessary for this exciting transition.
The Ideal candidate will be:
- A natural relationship builder with strong communication skills
- Innovative, ambitious, questioning and solutions focussed
- Comfortable meeting with senior professionals across various sectors
- A team player able to work collaboratively with wider colleagues on cross-organisational projects
- An excellent communicator with great presentation skills
- Open, approachable and a firm believer in continuous development
- Experienced in networking and relationship building
- A creative problem solver
- Able to work under pressure and have excellent time management skills
- A skilled negotiator with fantastic conflict resolution abilities
- Enthusiastic and passionate for engaging donors
- Experienced with Trusts and Foundations fundraising
- Experienced with: research skills, project management and data management
- A skilled administrator with excellent written skills and attention to detail
- IT proficient (Microsoft 365)
- Experienced in working in the voluntary sector
What difference will you make?
You will join the charity during a critical period of transition and your expert knowledge and experience will be invaluable to its success. You will have a key role in ensuring we reach the children, and their families, who are in need of our support and inclusion on a regular basis and offer a drop-in centre which will always be welcoming.
What's in it for you?
You would be part of an innovative and forward-thinking charity, focussed on reaching children who are part of those harder to reach families. You would have a key role in developing a first-of-its-kind theatre and drop-in centre which will be transformational to children and young adults with special needs’ and disabilities, their families and carers.
Time: Either in or out of office hours
Estimate of time needed: Approximately 5-10 hours / month