About the role
This is a newly created role at Headway East London to provide strategic financial support to the Senior Management Team and board, and to play a key role in ensuring our sustainability for the future. You will support our existing finance team to ensure efficient and effective processes are in place, and that our budgets are built around our strategic plan. As part of our Senior Management Team you will help to lead and embed a culture of opportunity and growth based on our strong values. You will also take on the role of Company Secretary for Headway East London.
Headway East London is a charity supporting people affected by brain injury. Working across 13 London boroughs we offer specialist support and services for survivors and their family. We offer therapies, advocacy, family support and community support work alongside our day service: a community venue where people can make the most of their abilities and interests. We also promote awareness and understanding of brain injury by providing information to the public, and offering training to university students, professionals and businesses. Our vision is to build a community where people with brain injury are valued, respected and able to fulfil their potential.
A short description of what you will do…
- Provide support to the board and Finance Committee to set and monitor short- and long-term budgets, helping the organisation to build unrestricted income and reserves.
- Work with staff across the organisation to develop an approach to recovering full costs for all of our services.
- Manage the audit process for Headway East London.
- Have overall leadership of our commercial partnerships and supplier relationships.
- Support colleagues to manage devolved budgets with increasing autonomy and to ensure that reports are generated for budget managers and funders.
- Take a key role in the leadership of the organisation as part of the Senior Management Team.
- Develop and manage the risk register for the organisation, provide a regular report to the board on key risks and mitigations.
- As Company Secretary, attend board meetings and ensure Headway East London complies with all statutory regulations and funding requirements.
The post holder will line manage the Finance Manager with potential further line management responsibilities in the future.
How you will work
- In a way which promotes diversity, equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice in line with Headway’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Operate at all times in a way that is consistent with Headway East London’s legal responsibilities including, data protection, health and safety legislation and guidance, seeking specialist guidance where appropriate
- Work in accordance with Headway East London’s aims and objectives and policies and procedures and to promote a positive image of the organisation and its members.
- Undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required, commensurate with the level of the post. As Headway East London is a small organisation, senior staff carry out ‘hands on’ work at all levels where required to meet the needs of the organisation.
For more information about what the job entails, please refer to the Job Pack.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.