Headway East London is a charity and social care provider across 13 boroughs of north and east London. It has been operating for 21 years and has grown substantially over that period. It offers a range of specialist services and support to brain injury survivors (members) and their families and carers and currently supports upwards of 900 brain injury survivors and family members annually.
Over the course of our history we have gained a reputation for delivering excellent services and outcomes for the people we support and we are recognised as pioneering the development of co-productive practices in the area of brain injury.
We need a Fundraising & Business Development Manager with an excellent track record in developing and capitalizing on existing and new income streams with funders and stakeholders. The successful candidate will lead our expanding fundraising team to achieve the future aims and financial targets of the charity, as well as help raise the profile of our brand and work.
The Fundraising and Business Development Manager will have responsibility for the generation and management of income through a range of funding streams with a key focus on stewarding relationships with major donors, establishing private sector partnerships, developing new high value income through trading opportunities and seeking income via grants and trusts, individuals, and fundraising events.
This is truly a fantastic opportunity to be part of the Senior Management Team, helping to create a long-lasting legacy for brain injury survivors and their carers.
- You will have a track record of securing significant funds through a wide variety of income streams and meeting challenging financial targets
- You will have experience of identifying and developing high value income streams
- You will have excellent writing and analytical skills and a track record of securing high value funds through grant funding applications
- You will have experience of corporate and major donor fundraising, partnership work and relationship management, with a flair and passion for major donor fundraising.
Strategy Development and Implementation:
- Work with the Chief Executive to provide strategic overview and direction for all charitable fundraising activities
- Work closely with other members of the Senior Management Team contributing to the development of the charity’s overall strategic plan to ensure that fundraising is integrated effectively with other areas of the organisation’s work
- Devise and organise fundraising campaigns
- Report to the Chief Executive on progress towards fundraising targets, and help them to periodically review the strategy, implementing changes where necessary
- Monitor income generated by projects and other fundraising activity and work with the Finance Team to ensure all income is properly recorded and tracked (including Gift Aid)
New Income Streams:
- Develop new fundraising opportunities, including legacies, major donors, corporate supporters, to ensure a balanced portfolio of fundraising activities that will spread risk and maximise opportunities for revenue generation
- Capitalise on new and emerging income streams created by our communications activities and member-led occupational projects (art & merchandise, food, public engagement, life stories, music)Identify and develop new trading opportunities which will yield a high income particularly the sub-letting of our large, equipped premises located in a sought after East London location
Leadership and Line Management:
- Line manage and support the Fundraising & Development Officer in their day-to-day responsibilities
- Work in collaboration with both the Director of Development and the Communications and Development Manager in delivering the agreed outcomes of the Fundraising Strategy
- Actively follow the organisation’s policies and procedures, particularly in relation to Health and Safety, Data protection, Safeguarding, Equal Opportunities and Finance
- Undertake any task that may be requested from time to time that may be consistent with the nature and scope of the post
- Attend staff meetings and training as required
- Be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends (time off in lieu will be given)
- Be prepared to develop skills and competencies to meet the demands of the role as it evolves over time
- Play a full and active role in supporting the organisation to meet our ambitious targets
For more information and to apply for this post, visit our website where you can download the full job description & person specification and complete our application form or press the apply button below.
Please note: CVs cannot be accepted for this role.
Deadline for applications is 9.00 am on Monday 29th July 2019.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.