Term: 1 year (renewable subject to funding and performance)
Hours: To be agreed (flexible working considered)
Salary: £25,000 per annum – to be reviewed after successfully completion of 6-month probationary period
Place of work: Kennington, Oxford - home working to be discussed due to COVID-19
Responsible to: Operations Manager
Aims of the post:
To raise awareness and promote the aims of Headway Oxfordshire through optimising marketing opportunities, publicity and community engagement. Increasing financial and practical support to improve the sustainability of the organisation into the future.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
1. To review, update and implement Headway Oxfordshire’s Marketing and Events Strategy (including digital and comms) to generate income in support of business planning.
2. To assist in the development and implementation of Headway Oxfordshire’s overall strategic initiatives including, business planning and corporate engagement.
3. To assist the Management Team to maximise the opportunities for income generation, including generating “leads”.
4. To act as main point of contact and link in with outsourced marketing opportunities.
5. To develop and maintain our social media presence.
6. To develop, maintain and disseminate publicity materials.
7. To ensure that good relationships are established and maintained with fundraising individuals, companies and organisations and with donors.
8. To prepare and maintain database of potential donors, supporters and partners to increase engagement with the organisation, sponsorship, donations and giving.
9. To develop and increase visits and engagement with our website and social media platforms.
10. To promote the organisation and raise awareness of brain injury within the community including campaigning.
11. To identify areas of fundraising activity.
12. To manage and oversee the practical provision of activities.
13. To organise and run fundraising events.
14. To prepare budgets for events and ensure that fundraising potential is maximised.
15. To act as main point of contact and link in with outsourced events companies.
16. To maximise the publicity of such events to increase engagement and income generation.
17. To source and research “outside” fundraising events and encourage individual fundraising throughout the county.
18. To develop and organise the engagement of volunteers in fundraising for the organisation.
19. To organise and manage volunteers with regard to the running of fundraising events.
20. To arrange and attend such events when required, to represent HWO, to promote awareness of HWO and encourage donations.
21. To work alongside CEO and Management team to identify grant funding opportunities.
22. To work alongside CEO in writing bid applications.
23. To maintain bid writing records and track progress of applications.
24. To prepare/present written reports on fundraising activity for/to the Board of Trustees.
25. To work to targets as identified within the departmental budget, controlling cost versus benefit ratios. .
26. To maintain ongoing relationship with donors and develop and nurture such relationships to engage further support, such as Patrons.
27. To work to and implement all policies and procedures of Headway UK and Headway Oxfordshire.
28. To attend regular supervision sessions with manager and attend Headway Oxfordshire staff meetings.
29. Other duties as required by manager.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.