Social Rehabilitation Key Worker
This organisation is scheduling interviews as the applications come in. Don’t miss your opportunity, apply now!
Headway SELNWK is a dynamic and fun service, supporting the rehabilitation and enablement of people who have experienced Acquired Brain Injury, in the South East London and North West Kent area.
Our varied activity programme provides a fun and engaging environment to enable clients to meet their goals and achieve independence. in cognitive, physical and emotional skills. We also work with clients in their own homes and community, enabling skills to be practiced and improving quality of life.
We would love you to join our friendly team, supporting adults with acquired brain injury. Supporting clients (members) to improve aspects of their well-being and enabling their community engagement through individual or group activities.
About the Role: The post holder will work as part of a dynamic team as, well as key-work with a defined caseload of adults with acquired brain injury and will be responsible for supporting members with their day-to-day enablement plans, ensuring their well-being and facilitating their community engagement and independence. Support may be provided through individual or group activities and delivered either at our Social Rehabilitation Centre or Community Hub, as well as in people’s homes and in the community.
Previous experience of brain injury rehabilitation is not crucial (but it is an advantage). Ongoing support, training and supervision will be provided, to ensure the applicant acquires the requisite skills and knowledge, although a willingness to develop and learn is essential.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To provide day to day delivery of the Social Rehabilitation Service, at Shrewsbury House (Shooters Hill), The Hub Service (Greenwich), and in the members’ home/community.
- To key-work with a defined caseload of adults with complex acquired brain injury using evidence-based practice, rehabilitation/enablement processes and client-centred principles.
- To carry out assessments, reviews and identify goals with members (in conjunction with Senior staff/Management).
- To participate and co-work, in the delivery of individual, group programmes and outcome measures, that support all members within the services of Headway SELNWK
- To organise and lead review meetings/case conferences with Service-users (and family/friends) in conjunction with Senior staff/Management.
- To participate in regular team meetings, to present assessment findings, goals and plans and review the progress of Service-users.
About Headway SELNWK:
Headway SELNWK has been supporting people in the region who have sustained an acquired brain injury, and their families, for over 35 years. We have developed local support for people that include Early Support, Social Rehabilitation Centres and Community Support.
25 days Annual Leave + Statutory Bank Holidays (pro rata for part-time)
Sick pay scheme
Annual Training programme
We will offer a workplace pension in line with current legislation.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.