Purpose of Role:
Success looks like:
- Local residents know what Healthwatch Bucks does and talk to us about health and social care in a variety of ways
- Local health and social care service providers and commissioners view Healthwatch Bucks as a credible organisation
- Healthwatch Bucks is the place where local media go to understand people’s experience of health and social care.
- Work with the Chief Executive and Engagement Lead to produce an annual communications and public engagement plan
- Work with the Chief Executive and the Healthwatch Bucks team to raise awareness of the work and aims of Healthwatch Bucks both generally and for specific projects, in line with our communications strategy and annual communication and public engagement plan
- Improve how we use digital and social media channels to increase engagement and feedback online, including managing our social media accounts, producing the monthly newsletter and overseeing the production of engaging website content
- Identify engagement opportunities through digital and social media channels and hand over potential leads to the Engagement and Involvement Officer
- Work with the Data and Impact Manager to maintain, manage and develop our website in line with Healthwatch England’s branding guidelines and accessibility standards
- Produce press releases and work with local media channels, including digital, print and radio outlets to help increase awareness of Healthwatch Bucks activity and impact
- Develop targeted campaigns to engage under-represented communities in Bucks and support Healthwatch Bucks projects
- Ensure we communicate effectively with a diverse audience and a wide range of local stakeholders
- Improve the quality and consistency of all our communications and ensure compliance with Healthwatch England’s branding and messaging guidelines.
- Lead on the production of our annual report
Skills and attributes:
- You are an active user of social media and able to network using social platforms, with experience of social media content management and an understanding of how to use social media successfully to increase engagement
- An awareness of health inequalities and the current challenges facing health and social care providers
- You can communicate complex positions in a clear, concise way both orally and in writing
- You have some experience of working with the media to promote the work of our organisation
- You are an experienced user of Microsoft Office packages, WordPress, and Mailchimp and will grasp quickly how to use our database
- You can work collaboratively as part of a team – supporting others to deliver and have some experience of working with volunteers
- You have the capability of planning and delivering communications plans that successfully engage the public, especially communities who may be experiencing health inequalities.
- Strong and demonstrable belief in improving health and social care services
- You are excited by the challenge this role presents and by developing yourself as part of delivering it.
- You feel comfortable working remotely in a small, active team
- You are happy to work principally from home but feel comfortable attending events alone and representing the organisation
- You are helpful and positive in your approach
- You are happy to learn and develop as part of your role
- You will respect the wider work of the organisation and to ensure no activities have the effect of bringing the organisation into disrepute.
- You are entitled to work in the UK and are able to work occasional evenings and weekends
- you are willing and able to travel to various locations across the county as required.
More about Healthwatch Bucks
Refreshed on: 31 May 2022
Closed date: 13 June 2022 at 23:59
Job ref: Communications Lead
Tags: Communications, PR
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.