Purpose of Role:
Success looks like:
- Healthwatch Bucks delivers a balanced portfolio of projects that engage effectively with service users and communities and reflect its agreed priorities and lead to improvements in the delivery of health and social care
- Healthwatch Bucks projects are effectively managed and deliver to time, cost and quality in line with Healthwatch Bucks project management processes
- Healthwatch Bucks projects are recognised by health and social care service users and other stakeholders as supporting improved outcomes for health and social care
Project Identification and Definition
- To provide input into the planning and decision-making process for projects presenting at Healthwatch Bucks governance meetings as necessary.
- To work with other members of the Healthwatch Bucks team to make sure that the project is defined in a way that supports the delivery of insightful analysis and effective outcomes.
- To manage projects ensuring that the planning and delivery of the projects are on target to meet pre –determined outcomes and impacts.
- To write relevant project documentation including project plans and identify dependencies, risks and realistic delivery dates dependant on resources available.
Project Delivery and Reporting
- To carry out the work required to deliver the project as identified in the plan with the support of other members of the Healthwatch Bucks team including volunteers, and other stakeholders, as appropriate.
- To provide written reports and briefings as required to support internal governance and external stakeholder engagement.
- To ensure that projects are followed up on to see whether they have made a difference to the delivery of health and social care and to report on this.
Communication, Engagement and Stakeholder Management
- To work with the Chief Executive to manage relevant stakeholders within the health and social care system and beyond to ensure that they understand the rationale behind the project, support it as necessary and are ready to take action based on the outcomes
- To work directly with individuals, communities and other VCSE organisations to engage with service users to support the delivery of a project, ensuring that contacts are followed up on and where possible outcomes are shared with those engaged
- To support the communications and engagement around projects to maximise awareness and impact of Healthwatch Bucks project activity
- To involve and engage volunteers in projects and support and manage them in their project related roles. To manage individual volunteers as agreed. To work with others to enable timely volunteer recruitment to support projects where required.
- To represent Healthwatch Bucks at external meetings as agreed, in particular those relevant to project activity
- To look for opportunities to add value to project deliverables and impact and thereby build on the credibility and reputation of Healthwatch Bucks
- To work with the Chief Executive to identify new opportunities for paid for projects and to provide support as requested to secure any new work
Skills and Attributes:
- You have experience of project management – and using basic project management methodologies to assure project delivery
- You have experience of front line project delivery – being a key part of the team that gets the work done
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and are able to mobilise and motivate others to support project delivery and you ideally have experience of working with volunteers and managing them
- You have experience of engaging effectively with different communities and working with people that we might not normally hear from
- You can analyse evidence and relevant research to write reports that present a compelling case, including recommendations – presenting complex information to a variety of audiences in a clear and concise manner
- You have experience of working cooperatively and effectively across organisational boundaries to delivery desired outcomes
- You can work collaboratively as part of a team – supporting others in order to deliver Healthwatch Bucks’ Aims
- You are happy to represent Healthwatch Bucks and the views of the organisation at relevant meetings and events
- You will respect the wider work of the organisation and to ensure no activities have the effect of bringing the organisation into disrepute.
- Strong and demonstrable belief in improving health and social care services
- You are excited by the challenge this role presents and the opportunity to both manage and deliver project work that will make a difference
- You feel comfortable working in a small, active team
- You are self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- You are, helpful and positive in your approach
- You are happy to learn and develop as part of your role
- you are willing and able to travel to various locations across the county as required
- You are entitled to work in the UK and are on occasion (with prior notice) able to flex your working hours
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.