Community Engagement Manager
£34,000 per annum
Full time, home-based, office based in Ladbroke Grove, W10
Health and social care are never far from the news and have an impact on all of us. Joining Healthwatch Central West London will give you the opportunity to work as part of a skilled and knowledgeable team working to make the voices of patients and service users heard.
Healthwatch uses evidence from local communities to shape or challenge how the provision of health and social care is planned and delivered across the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, the City of Westminster and Hammersmith and Fulham borough. It is a busy time in these boroughs, but there are opportunities to make a difference.
- Healthwatch Central West London is an independent charity and membership organisation working to ensure local people’s voices count when it comes to shaping and improving local health and care services.
- We work with and support people and organisations in the London boroughs of Hammersmith and Fulham, Kensington and Chelsea and Westminster.
- We also provide information to help people access and make choices about their health and wellbeing services.
- Our work is coordinated by three borough-based groups with support from a small staff team who are passionate and dedicated to their work.
- We are funded by the three local authorities in the three boroughs with a seat at the table of the local Overview and Scrutiny Committees and Health and Wellbeing Boards.
We are looking to recruit a Community Engagement Manager who will have the exciting opportunity to identify and develop new opportunities, help with delivering current projects and generally be involved in the day-to-day management of the contracts.
You will be line managing people from the team who are delivering projects. You do not necessarily need to have a management experience but be enthusiastic to learn. We are happy to send you on a training and support you.
We are looking for strategic thinkers who are comfortable taking the role of ‘critical friend’ and developing positive solutions, enjoy public engagement, and have a positive and can-do attitude. The ideal candidates will have experience in the health and social care sector.
We are looking to appoint as soon as possible.
We offer generous annual leave, flexible working hours and other benefits such as 5% pension scheme.
In light of the COVID-19 outbreak, and to ensure the health and wellbeing of everyone who works for Healthwatch CWL and their families we have put in place a new working arrangement – remote working from home - to reflect what is a rapidly changing situation.
To apply for this role, please submit a CV and a covering letter addressing how you meet the person specification.
Applications without covering letter will not be considered. Previous candidates need not apply.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The deadline for applications is end of 8th October 2020.
Please note that this role may requires a DBS check.
Healthwatch CWL is a member of the Disability Confident employer scheme.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.