Due to Covid-19 all our staff and volunteers are working remotely. This role will be a work from home remote role until further notice.
What is Healthwatch?
Healthwatch Hounslow is an independent organisation set up to champion the views of health and social care service users. It strives to make sure that health and social care services are meeting local needs and to ensure that the public’s voice is heard regarding how local services are run. Healthwatch Hounslow also makes sure that the public is informed on any plans to change those services, and in identifying gaps in services.
About the role
Healthwatch Hounslow carries out its role by completing a number of projects every year. That includes patient experience, multiple research projects, community engagement and more. We are looking for individuals with great communication and organisational skills to help keep things organised and running smoothly in our busy offices.
- Assisting with record keeping, paperwork and updating databases.
- Maintaining levels of office supplies.
- Assisting with phone calls, visitors and directing enquiries to appropriate staff.
- Managing email inboxes.
- Overseeing the smooth running of office machinery, faxes, photocopiers etc.
- Shredding confidential documents as required.
- organising and filing documents.
- booking meetings both digitally and in person.
- Creating resources such as documents, templates, etc.
Is this the right role for me?
We are looking for individuals who possess some or all of the below experiences, skills and qualities.
- A general understanding of IT and more specifically Microsoft office.
- Comfortable using the internet, sending emails, researching etc.
- An ability to work with people in a flexible and efficient manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Benefits of volunteering
- Enjoying the experience of volunteering as part of a friendly team and meeting new people
- Increasing your confidence and learning new skills
- Using your experience with Healthwatch to develop your CV and seek work in health and social care or other fields of employment
- In house training opportunities including call handling and safeguarding.
- Reasonable travel and expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with our Volunteer Policy