Healthwatch Lambeth is the independent health and social care champion for local people. We work to understand the needs, experiences and concerns of people who use health and social care services and to speak on their behalf. We focus on ensuring that everyone in Lambeth can get the support they need to live well.
Healthwatch Lambeth is an award-winning charity funded by Lambeth Council, NHS Lambeth Clinical Commissioning Group and several charitable Foundations. Our contract with the Council has been extended for the next two years and we are in the process of agreeing an ambitious strategy for 2019-21.
We work to get services right for the future and in Lambeth that means that we pay attention to the impact of inequalities on the health and care outcomes for our different communities. We do this by creating a culture of collaboration and partnership. Partnerships hosted by Healthwatch Lambeth in 2019 are:
1. Lambeth Black Thrive: this partnership started in 2017 and is funded until 2022. It was set up to bring together everyone interested in addressing issues surrounding mental health for Black people to ensure that resources and programmes are well co-ordinated, complementary and most importantly reflect the wishes of people affected by mental health inequalities.
2. Lambeth Learning Disability Assembly: The LLDA is a place for people with a learning disability and their carers to come together to talk about things that are affecting them – and what they want to see happen to make things better.
3. Advance Care Planning Consortium: a partnership with Compassion in Dying and other community organisations to raise awareness of advance care planning.
Overview of the role:
This role would suit an experienced impact and evaluation officer with preferably knowledge of monitoring and evaluation. The ideal candidate will relish working proactively and flexibly as our organisation plans to grow over the next 4 years. The postholder will have the interpersonal skills needed to work collaboratively with and across our delivery partnerships.
Purpose of the job:
To ensure effective and efficient monitoring and evaluation of HWL’s engagement
work, including public participation, information giving, signposting, Enter & View
visits, community research and experience gathering, on the local care system and
the emerging SE London Integrated Care System by tracking whether the real care
needs and experiences of Lambeth residents are heard, understood, and met.
• To monitor and evaluate the impact of HWL recommendations with our both care providers and care commissioning teams.
• To develop and oversee HWL’s monitoring and evaluation system which includes but not limited to creating and implementing evaluation framework, supporting colleagues to create project M&E plans and reporting and sharing monitoring and evaluation data.
• To undertake formative and/or summative evaluation of the impact of HWL work.
• To write reports on HWL impact for publication and sharing with partners and the public.
Commitment to Equalities:
Our organisation values difference and recognises the value that the different backgrounds, skills, outlooks and experiences of our staff and volunteers bring to the organisation. We will not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, disability or impairment, age, race, creed, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, trade union activity, HIV or marital status, religion or belief or similar bases.
Support Healthwatch Lambeth’s wider aims and objectives
• Work as part of the engagement team and the wider HWL team, attending meetings and events as required. On occasion meetings and events may take place in the evening and at weekends.
• Work in support of other colleagues in the organisation as particular needs arise.
• Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility and all employees are required to act in such a way that always safeguards the health and wellbeing of children and vulnerable adults. Familiarisation with, and adherence to, our organisational Safeguarding Policy and Procedures, and any associated guidance is an essential requirement of all Healthwatch representatives.
• We adhere to Data Protection procedures as informed by the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). We expect everyone to uphold confidentiality of all data and adherence to strict and lawful processing of data.
• Undertake additional duties as requested by the Engagement Manger which furthers the aims and objectives of our organisation.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Please complete the application form and the Equal Opportunities form and email them back to us.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted for this role.
Interviews will be taking place via Zoom, week commencing 06 July 2020.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.