One of Healthwatch Lewisham’s functions is to carry out Enter and View visits into health and social care services in the borough.
The Health and Social Care Act allows local Healthwatch Authorised Representatives to observe service delivery and talk to service users, their families and carers on premises such as hospitals, residential homes, GP practices, dental surgeries, optometrists and pharmacies.
Enter and View visits can happen if people tell us there is a problem with a service but, equally, they can occur when services have a good reputation – so we can learn about and share examples of what they do well from the perspective of people who experience the service first hand.
Enter and View Authorised Representatives can:
- go into health and social care premises to see and hear for themselves how services are provided
- collect the views of service users at the point of service delivery
- collect the views from family and carers
- observe the nature and quality of services
- collect evidence based findings
- develop recommendations which influence commissioning
For more information, please check out the role description.