Community Engagement Officer
Community Southwark is the umbrella body for the Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS) in Southwark. Our members are not for profit groups and organisations operating in Southwark. We support charities, community groups and individuals through capacity building, networks, and volunteering.
We are proud to host Healthwatch Southwark (HWS) and support its work in connecting individuals and community groups to Health and Social Care Providers, ensuring their voices are heard and able to influence change.
This role is at the heart of engaging with communities to support local people to access Health and Social Care, and make sure their voices are heard so that services can improve.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Build relationships with historically under-represented communities
2. Gather and present feedback about health and social care services
3. Promote HWS in the community
4. Support people with signposting
This is an exciting time to join us with a strong Advisory Board, a stable local authority contract, and a clear purpose – to use the authority and position of Healthwatch to support historically under-represented communities in Southwark to make change.
We welcome applications from all sectors and experience levels. We particularly encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) people and people from the LGBTQ+ communities.
· 30 days annual leave (exclusive of public/bank holidays) per annum; pro-rata for part-time employees.
· 2 Volunteering Days per annum (pro-rata for part-time employees)
· £530 annual training allowance.
· Pension – Employer contribution: 5%
· Cycle to Work Scheme.
· Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
· Employee Assistance Programme (24/7 confidential helpline for personal or professional concerns)
Further detailed information available when you click to apply.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.