Ensure the successful production of marketing, fundraising and digital projects across the External Relations team. You will be expected to deliver your own projects, and line-manage the Production Team (made up of the Communications Executive and in-house Designer) and the Digital and Website Executive.
- Maintain an overview of all production requirements; ensuring appropriate planning, creative, technical and distribution resources are allocated to each project.
- Develop, maintain and improve processes and systems to ensure projects are delivered efficiently, including the management of the marketing calendar and a team wide project management tool (Asana).
- Ensure all projects are delivered to a high creative quality, on time, and on budget. You will be responsible for managing your own projects and delegating relevant pieces of work.
- Manage, motivate and support your team.
- Ensure you, and your team, always prioritise the supporter experience.
- Oversee the successful fulfilment of our Puppy Sponsorship Scheme.
- Manage and develop our roster of preferred suppliers for print, design, artwork and digital.
- Oversee the photo library and online filing structure so other members of the Charity can easily find images and assets.
- Protect, develop and maintain guidelines for the Charity’s brands.
- Deliver marketing for events.
- Oversee and support members of your team in the organisation of events. Attend events as required (this will occasionally involve out of hours work).
- Perform tasks including: Developing briefs, creating and monitoring schedules, editing copy, reviewing design and artwork, managing print and production, briefing photographers, negotiating prices with suppliers, uploading content to our CMS, e-newsletter and social media channels, using our database to create lists and send communications, booking advertising, monitoring expenditure, and processing invoices.
- Create design and artwork files using Adobe Creative Suite (intermediate level)
- A positive and helpful approach to work, understanding that the supporter experience is always at the heart of everything the team does.
- Dedicated with great attention to detail.
- Strong editing and proofing skills with a strong design eye.
- Excellent communication skills, building rapport and communicating effectively.
- Ability to deal effectively with people at all levels of the organisation, resolving conflicts successfully and learning from the experience.
- Experience of managing a team to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Excellent project management skills, efficiently managing time and resources to meet strict deadlines.
- Experience of managing the production of print and digital activity with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure, use your initiative, and manage workload effectively in response to changing priorities and constraints, with minimum support.
General Requirements of all staff
- Ensure compliance with GDPR and data protection
- As a charity, Hearing Dogs has a large network of volunteers based at both our training centres and spread nationwide. As such, you may be involved in working with and/or supervising volunteers in this role.
- To undergo training to a set level of deaf awareness and communication as required by the charity.
- Carrying out any other reasonable duties requested by your manager.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. This is in relation to the Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults. Applicants will therefore be required to disclose all convictions (spent and unspent), cautions, warnings and reprimands and any relevant non-conviction information. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure Check under the terms of the Police Act 1997 (Part V).
For operational reasons, the Charity reserves the right to transfer you to alternative duties. For this reason it is a condition of employment that you are willing to do so, if requested, from time to time.
Interviews: w/c 27th April.