The Helen Bamber Foundation and Asylum Aid are proud to announce that since August 2020, we have combined our efforts to support the vulnerable asylum seekers and refugees who need us the most. The Legal Administrator is a key component of the Asylum Aid team, running and overseeing all its central functions and providing vital support to our casework staff. The Legal Administrator oversees all of our systems that enable these efficiencies, as well as supporting the fee earners in their casework.
Key Responsibilities include:
• To manage incoming and outgoing legal post, ensuring this is dated, scanned
and passed onto the legal team swiftly;
• To manage the legal enquiries email inbox, triaging emails as appropriate;
• To be responsible for setting up new cases and, following Asylum Aid’s client
casework procedures, ensuring all LAA monitoring information and other
information on cases is recorded timely and accurately;
• Oversight and updating of Asylum Aid’s case management system;
• To assist with the preparation of documents for Home Office applications and
for court hearings;
• To assist in preparing court bundles including indexing and filing the bundle
with the tribunal/court and serving on the Home Office;
• Managing the team calendar and overseeing key dates system;
• To organise and maintain Asylum Aid’s legal archive, case filing system, legal
library, and other documents.
• To process referrals and provide signposting on behalf of existing clients and
• To assist the Billing Coordinator/caseworkers with billing checklists where
In order to apply please submit an up-to-date CV and a covering letter (no longer than two pages) by Friday 29th
October outlining your relevant skills and experience, as well
as how your previous experience matches the listed responsibilities and person specification.