For almost 100 years, Help Musicians has been providing help, support and opportunities to empower musicians at all stages of their lives. We are an independent charity which aims to make a meaningful difference to the lives of musicians, offering an integrated programme combining Health and Welfare support with Creative and professional development. We are passionate about creating a world where musicians thrive
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team in London in the role of Trusts and Corporate Fundraising Officer.
Your focus will be to secure income from trusts, foundations and other grant giving bodies with 70% of your time dedicated to this. The rest of your time will be spent supporting the Corporate and Trusts Fundraising Manager in developing the Corporate Partnering Programme. You’ll be someone who enjoys prospecting and building relationships, with excellent communication and organisational skills. You will have the ability to write compelling and persuasive proposals with skills to inspire and engage potential supporters.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Manage an existing portfolio of trusts in order to maximize income
- Identify and research potential trusts foundations and corporates supporters which align with HM’s strategic priorities
- Prepare and submit high quality funding proposals in line with HM’s funding portfolio
- Produce update reports for trusts and other grant giving bodies while providing details of the impact of donations
To be successful you will need:
- A proven track record of securing and increasing grant income, with experience of successfully working towards an agreed financial target
- Experience of researching large volumes of suitable prospects (trusts and corporate)
- Confident and clear verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to write compelling and effective applications
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, with robust stewardship skills
This is an exciting time to join us as we approach and plan for our Centenary year in 2021.