Social Prescribing Link Worker
Help on Your Doorstep is a small but dynamic Islington-based charity looking for a new Social Prescribing Link Worker to work in a team providing community based support and non-medical approaches to supporting patients.
Social prescribing link workers will work with the Help on Your Doorstep Connect team and the Primary Care Network (PCN) multi- disciplinary team. Social prescribing will support PCNs to strengthen community and personal resilience, reduce health inequalities (in relation to timely access and outcomes) and wellbeing inequalities by addressing the wider determinants of health. The post will work with people with long term conditions (including support for mental health), for people who are lonely or isolated, or have complex social needs which affect their wellbeing.
We’re proud to be delivering life-changing support to diverse communities of people across Islington and we’re looking for someone who’s motivated to contribute towards more integrated working in the borough. We suppor tour staff by providing;
- 25 days holiday plus public holidays (pro rata for part time) and addittional days for long-service (up to 30 days)
- Hybrid working – 1 to 2 days remote depending on the role
- Pension scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to weekly Meditation
- Organisation wide away days
- We can offer a friendly working culture and a chance to make a difference to people’s lives in Islington.
Applications should consist of;
- An up to date CV
- Supporting statement (not exceeding 2 pages) outlining how you meet the essential and desirable components of the person specification.
- Equal opportunities monitoring form (optional)
The deadline for receipt of applications is 9am on Wednesday 19th of October 2022. Please apply via the Charity Job site.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.