You’re someone who loves multitasking and really makes things happen. You have strong IT skills and you’re a natural organiser who can build systems for managing a wide range of ongoing and ad hoc tasks. You’re comfortable adapting plans and working in a fast-paced environment where things can often change. When you’re faced with tasks and challenges you use your initiative and can-do attitude to work out the way forward, but you also know when to check in with the team.
About the role
You’ll keep both the Help Refugees office and team ship shape, helping ensure colleagues are supported and have the resources they need. You’ll also act as a friendly and effective first point-of-contact for enquiries by email, phone and social media.
Your roles and responsibilities
Day-to-day office management:
- Troubleshooting IT issues
- Acting as point of contact with all office facilities – security, repairs, IT, FOH, cleaners, rubbish disposal
- Ad Hoc expenses for the Senior management team – COO, Head of Programmes and Head of Partnerships
- Maintaining an office operational budget to track spending and manage expenditure
- Maintaining the office environment by ensuring stationery, tea and coffee levels are topped up and plants are watered
- Creating and implementing office management systems and leading on keeping the office tidy
- Managing stock of Choose Love merchandise, collecting additional stock from storage when needed and occasionally ordering new stock
- Managing stock of tablets and payment devices and ensuring everything is charged
- Managing stock of buckets, chargers and simple event signage so it’s easy to send out for events
- Organising and overseeing couriers and shipping locally, nationally and internationally
- Hand-delivering items to VIPs
- Booking meeting rooms
- Taking minutes for team meetings
- Paying cash and cheques in to the bank
Acting as a first point-of-contact for enquiries:
- First point of contact with the general public representing the organisation’s voice and tone on emails and messages
- Replying to emails sent via website, prioritising anything urgent, sharing emails with relevant team members in a timely manner as required
- Replying to messages and comments on social media in a friendly timely manner
- Completing a range of other ad hoc tasks, depending on the needs and priorities of the organisation
Salary: 23-26k, depending on experience. Based in the Help Refugees London office, Somerset House, Strand, London WC2R 1LA. Two-year contract, full time role, with six-month probation period. Applications to be submitted by 9am, Monday 9th March.
Help Refugees does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, colour, religion, gender, age, sexuality or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity and believe it creates dynamic, relevant organisations, fostering spaces for innovation and creativity. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team and encourage you to be a part of it.
We are committed to making our roles and culture inclusive. We can make reasonable adjustments throughout the application process and on the job. If you have particular accessibility needs, please get in touch and let us know any requirements you may have.