We offer flexible working, a competitive benefits package:
- Competitive salary
- 8.5% employer pension contribution
- Scope for flexible working, including working from home
- Opportunity to work for a leading organisation working with and for older people globally
Other benefits include 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), life insurance, enhanced maternity and adoption pay. We also actively support our staff with a variety of flexible working arrangements to help balance work and home life.
Based in London.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE EXISTING RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK
HelpAge International is a global network of not-for-profit organisations with a vision of a world where older people fulfil their potential to lead active, dignified, healthy and secure lives. With more than 140 affiliates and 300 partners across more than 90 countries, the HelpAge International network brings together hundreds of organisations worldwide.
To provide direction for financial management across the whole of HelpAge International, with the specific responsibility of managing the finance department in the UK.
Ensure maintenance and development of financial accounting and management systems and global financial policies and procedures for international offices as well as London secretariat and statutory accounts for the organisation are prepared and audited.
Ensure that financial risks are managed effectively and play active role in development finance team in International offices beside London secretariat.
- Design Ensuring that in UK as well as international offices financial accounting records are maintained to satisfactory standard.
- Coordinate the preparation UK statutory accounts and annual audit.
- Take lead in improvement of financial management information for executive directors and trustees in consultation of Director of finance and Corporate services with changing internal and external environment.
- Work with the international finance staff to ensure international offices work to agreed standards of financial management, highlighting areas of concern and making recommendations and developing plans for how these needs can be met.
- Ensure that financial procedures to manage emergency response programme are proactively developed and improved with experience of each emergency response.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
- Qualified Accountant (ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
- Strong hands-on accountant with relevant experience in the finance department of a multimillion international organisation including practical experience of day to day accounting, maintenance of general ledger, control and other account reconciliations.
- Experience of the production and interpretation of management accounts.
- In-depth knowledge and operation of computerised accounting systems including report writing.
- Design and implementation of new financial procedures.
- Proven experience of managing professionally skilled staff and influencing and working with senior managerial level finance and non-finance staff.
At HelpAge International we work hard to achieve our goals together as a team with a clear shared purpose. Our values inform how we work together:
Inclusive - We respect people, value diversity and are committed to equality.
Impact - We value and recognise the contribution of our staff and network
members, as we put older people at the centre of everything we do.
Partners - We work alongside network members and others to increase reach, influence and impact. We are committed to a culture of collaboration and building positive relationships.
Learning - We are passionate about learning, accountable and work together to find creative solutions.
Everyone who works at HelpAge share our values and are committed to behaviours that demonstrate and support them.
HelpAge International is an equal opportunities employer.
HelpAge International is committed to creating an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities and respecting diversity in employment. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We encourage and facilitate a flexible working environment.
Everyone has a role in creating and sustaining a safe and respectful working environment, where no one comes to any harm or is maltreated. At HelpAge we take our responsibilities very seriously and will take action against wrongdoing. We will do everything we can to ensure that we do not engage people that pose a safeguarding risk and will undertake criminal record checks as required.
Closing date: Sunday 2nd February 2020
Please do not email any of your personal details (such as date of birth, marital status and religion), unless you are completing an Equal Opportunities form.